PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat :-(

shepbomb
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:35
Hi all,
as you know i have been having a few problems with the engine management light, but i just thought i would share my experience, after volvo wanting the 600 quid for a supposed vvt fault, i asked if it would in anyway relate to the engine running cool due to a failed thermostat... The stealership pretty much told me i was been stupid and how could it.. even though ten minutes before they were telling me how the vvt helped warm the cat up... so i thought engine running cool of course it could delay the cat warming up...
Changed the thermostat today.. took the car out on a ten mile run and hey presto the engine management light cleared itself... do you think this could be due to the thermostat been replaced... i.e. the cold running engine was confusing the ECU.. I really hope so. and if this is the case it could be a lesson learnt for other forum members
:banana: :banana: :thewave: :banana: :banana:

shepbomb
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 12:43
just to update, just been on an 80 mile round trip and still no engine management light so this could be the end of my saga fingers crossed, that will leave me to get on with the detailing, as im back in work monday :-(