PDA

View Full Version : Will this Headunit fit my c70?

andybrown
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:23
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_77 0523_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

Im hoping it will, cant be doing with just the radio (cd player not working :( )

p fandango
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:25
can't see why not, its a double DIN unit. You'll lose the centre channel if you've got Dolby

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 00:36
If you have a SC901 you can get an exchange unit from Volvo for around 100 quid.

Jimmie
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 10:31
If you have a SC901 you can get an exchange unit from Volvo for around 100 quid.

Is that now or a few years back?

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 10:35
You might wanna shop around a bit mate...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-KW-XR411-Double-Din-Car-CD-MP3-Stereo-Front-Aux-EX-DEMO-/280820253441?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4162310301

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 10:36
Ask Rufe - but I am still fairly certain that the volvo parts people are still doing the exchange.

andybrown
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 11:18
my concern is how much messing with the wiring i will have to do, halfords do a volvo adapter, not convinced though really, and im not letting them touch it!

i havent got the 11 speaker system with an amp, unless there is an amp elsewhere? iv read something about needing a headunit with 2 outputs??

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 13:41
I had my alpine TFT headunit - single din - installed professionally at the shop I bought the unit. Changing to A/M units as far as I know is not that hard.

shepbomb
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 14:17
Hi mate,
the first thing to determine is if you have an amplifier in the car....
if you do you will end up needing to buy the adaptor, will dig the part number out for you shortly...
if no amplifier is present.. this will definetly fit your car just using the autoleads adaptor, although you will have to connect your aerial to the accesory port on the stereo... I had this a couple of weeks ago with my c70.. its seems a lot more daunting than it is. I fitted my single din pioneer and got the autoleads blanking plate for 3 quid and it fits like a dream...
hope this helps a little bit.. any questions just let me know I will be on and off here most of the afternoon

andybrown
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 14:34
Well i have an lead plugged into the amplifier port on the stereo, but i thought only the pro dolby ones had the amp?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 14:48
Betsy is a boggo-spec model of the C70 T5 and she came with an alpine amp - 4 x50w which is in the boot wall by the antenna.

Can't say for certain what is available on other models. AFAIK the dolby unit is inside the dash.

andybrown
Thursday 16th February 2012, 15:02
Done a llot of investigating, seems i need a unit with 2 sets of pre-outs and a special adapter - all of which has been ordered!!!

andybrown
Friday 17th February 2012, 13:36
Ok, got the head unit and relevant abeles through today, connected it all up, and it powers on fine.

although - i have no sound, this is even with the DIN to RCA adapter. should i be doing something else here?

shepbomb
Saturday 25th February 2012, 08:16
Have u given power to the amplifier

bubba_1986
Saturday 25th February 2012, 12:43
You have to take the remote from headunit hardness to the blue cable that should be coming off of your convertor that changes the round multi DIN plug to 2x L/R RCA.

Do not power it into the battery or ignition as the common mode noise will be amplified at the input of the amp and you will hear this through speakers when unit not on.

Also it WILL drain your battery if u connect to constant 11.3v when ignition is off.

andybrown
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 16:11
You have to take the remote from headunit hardness to the blue cable that should be coming off of your convertor that changes the round multi DIN plug to 2x L/R RCA.

Do not power it into the battery or ignition as the common mode noise will be amplified at the input of the amp and you will hear this through speakers when unit not on.

Also it WILL drain your battery if u connect to constant 11.3v when ignition is off.

I wondered why i had a wired noise when i turned off the stereo! Dont this now and works perfectly (even if i bodged the cable cutting a bit!!) Thanks for the help!

bubba_1986
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 19:52
good stuff glad i could help

Cubes
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 19:56
I seem to think an exchange unit from a dealer was £500+ because I had problems with my 901 a couple of years back.