PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Boost Solenoid

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 15:38
Can the turbo boost solenoid be bypassed on a v70 t5? just its the only thing causing a problem with the t5 conversion and the wiring is a bit of a pain to do? thanks in advance :)

p fandango
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 16:27
Can the turbo boost solenoid be bypassed on a v70 t5? just its the only thing causing a problem with the t5 conversion and the wiring is a bit of a pain to do? thanks in advance :)
yeh if you run a MBC you remove the pipework from it anyway, we normally have to leave them plugged in to keep the ECU happy knowing its there

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 16:28
yeh if you run a MBC you remove the pipework from it anyway, we normally have to leave them plugged in to keep the ECU happy knowing its there

thought so, wonder how i can get round the wiring part, dont want the ecu throwing the management light on all the time :S

p fandango
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 16:33
thought so, wonder how i can get round the wiring part, dont want the ecu throwing the management light on all the time :S
i've found after a while the bulb goes (or in my case binned it because of the weight lol). Either put a resistor/false load across the ECU terminals, or hide a BCS in the engine bay

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/8765/motronic43pinguide.jpg

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3052/motronic43pindiagram.jpg

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 16:51
i would just take the bulb out lol but as far as i know new mot regulations are you have to have one? or is that just a story made up?

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 16:56
They'd have to take the dash out to know if there's a bulb in there or not ;)

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 16:58
They'd have to take the dash out to know if there's a bulb in there or not ;)

not really bud, it comes on for a few seconds with ignition :) well....as far as i remember lol

p fandango
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:00
i would just take the bulb out lol but as far as i know new mot regulations are you have to have one? or is that just a story made up?
i think thats ABS. Would you believe BT is one of the very very rare 850's that never came with a fault diagnostic unit or bulb (or ABS, or airbag) lol

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:06
i think thats ABS. Would you believe BT is one of the very very rare 850's that never came with a fault diagnostic unit or bulb (or ABS, or airbag) lol

lol more things to go wrong! oh well ill just unplug the management light lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:08
not really bud, it comes on for a few seconds with ignition :) well....as far as i remember lol

You find the bulb that comes on and goes off as it should, then bypass the dodgy light to it (small amount of soldering) et viola! everything would work as it should. Although I should point out at this time that defrauding an MOT is very naughty and should not be done by anybody.

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:13
You find the bulb that comes on and goes off as it should, then bypass the dodgy light to it (small amount of soldering) et viola! everything would work as it should. Although I should point out at this time that defrauding an MOT is very naughty and should not be done by anybody.

lol i know very naughty, i must rephrase what i said....i will NOT unplug or rewire any of the lights for the MOT :)

p fandango
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:14
who said oil pressure light :jaw:

daza-b
Tuesday 14th February 2012, 17:42
who said oil pressure light :jaw:

lol

960kg
Sunday 4th March 2012, 14:28

I have been reading this thread and got lost finding out what you actually was wanting to do!

So i put up a pic. of the way we fit an MBC on a `98 T4 to keep the light out.

Follow the coloured dots and you will see that the whites dots are a length of new hose fitted so that the ECU thinks the TBS is still connected and keeps the light out on the dash.

Hope this help?