PDA

View Full Version : help....glovebox wont open

Yorkshiresxi
Sunday 12th February 2012, 22:13
Hi all

Need your help guys, glovebox has stopped opening, its unlocked as i never lock it and have tried the key in it as i try and open it...but it wont open now...is they a way to get in it or is it prize the thing open?
Thanks

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 12th February 2012, 22:17
Its a common problem, the linkage breaks in one of several places. There is a few ways to open it, one is by drilling a small hole in the front of the lid and inserting a bit of wire to open the lock, another is to get a wire coathanger and activate the lock through the gap at the bottom of the glovebox

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 12th February 2012, 22:21
Here is the drill a small hole version, but the pics might give some insight where to try and ope the lock

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/fix-a-stuck-glove-box-tutorial.html

endo-t5
Monday 13th February 2012, 09:51
Theres another way were you chip the plastic box away behind the lid and unscrew the bracket then just take the mech apart I used a small screw and cut the head off as the pin brakes as its made of alloy you can find it on the net as that's how I found it as mine broke last year and you don't see the box when it's shut where you will see a hole.

I want a T5
Monday 13th February 2012, 10:02
I have a spare glove box door in black/grey from a P1 V70 if its any good to you and you muller yours.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 13th February 2012, 10:27
I will say again You can press up on the lower panel to access 3-4screws at the base of the glove box door. Undo them and prise apart until you can get a long screw driver on the mechanism to open it up.

No damage created..