PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy this car.....

T5rookie
Sunday 12th February 2012, 19:22
Hi guys,

Just a heads up....I can't believe people treat such sensible cars like this! Will get a link up shortly but its a phase 1 v70 t5 in Hook. Its on gumtree....

Just been to see it....On face value it looks great....bodywork tidyish, coilovers, 17" gunmetal comets.....drilled discs, induction kit.....

Oh and a manual boost controller :rant: No remap, just the boost which has been wound up to 1 bar.....he said he has tried giving it more but it mashes fuel cut.....He also told me on a test drive that he has had it off the clocks......idiot!

There is a knocking from cold startup for 3-4 secs, and the throttle pedal feels like its on the floor.....so hard to drive and you are either stamping on the throttle or jerking at traffic lights.....

Pulled like a train buit he floors it from cold, really floors it.....

Basically he is a guy who although a nice chap, knows nothing about turbocharged cars and how to treat them.....

Maybe it can be rescued if its not already bent a rod or done turbo damage.

Alex

Kingsford G
Sunday 12th February 2012, 19:27
Hi guys,

Just a heads up....I can't believe people treat such sensible cars like this! Will get a link up shortly but its a phase 1 v70 t5 in Hook. Its on gumtree....

Just been to see it....On face value it looks great....bodywork tidyish, coilovers, 17" gunmetal comets.....drilled discs, induction kit.....

Oh and a manual boost controller :rant: No remap, just the boost which has been wound up to 1 bar.....he said he has tried giving it more but it mashes fuel cut.....He also told me on a test drive that he has had it off the clocks......idiot!

There is a knocking from cold startup for 3-4 secs, and the throttle pedal feels like its on the floor.....so hard to drive and you are either stamping on the throttle or jerking at traffic lights.....

Pulled like a train buit he floors it from cold, really floors it.....

Basically he is a guy who although a nice chap, knows nothing about turbocharged cars and how to treat them.....

Maybe it can be rescued if its not already bent a rod or done turbo damage.

Alex
Gordon bennet,those engines only take 5-7min to worm up y floor it.Them r the ppl my dad call rider rather than drivers.

viggen
Sunday 12th February 2012, 19:31
Sounds like a boy who got a bleed valve for Xmas !!!!!
I looked at an Audi once his brother told me he has taken it on loads of track days !!!!
Funny I never bought it

T5rookie
Sunday 12th February 2012, 19:31
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volvo-v70-t5-lots-of-extras/93718791

T5rookie
Sunday 12th February 2012, 19:32
shame as its got a fair few mods done well.....but under his ownership its not a good egg.....he's not a boy either...but a geezzaaaaaa in his 50's

LiamT4
Sunday 12th February 2012, 20:09
Remember that a tapping noise for a few seconds from startup can be perfectly normal, it even says it in the handbook.

But if he drives it hard from cold then it could be a lot more serious.

Hate it when people do that, you can hear that theres a different engine note as its not fully warmed up. Have a mate who does that, ruined his old car and is fast wrecking his current one. Idiot.

T5rookie
Sunday 12th February 2012, 21:08
previous owner has obviously spent a lot of money on it and this guy is slowly running it off the road :(

LiamT4
Sunday 12th February 2012, 21:09
previous owner has obviously spent a lot of money on it and this guy is slowly running it off the road :(

Shame, always liked them in that colour.

T5rookie
Sunday 12th February 2012, 22:10
there's an R in that colour down in cardiff but its a mission for a cheap car, a cheap car which is priced to be a ropey one so I'm not sure I wanna waste the funds.

viggen
Sunday 12th February 2012, 22:14
Hi at that price it's still cheap

NORDIC R
Monday 20th February 2012, 11:40
Is this car on the site in the past few days?? Its lovely tho

Niles
Monday 20th February 2012, 12:04
friend of mine was interested in this car. he spoke to the owner a few times and said that this guy had NO idea about whats going on under the bonnet. The seller said that the front brakes were 4 pot calipers. All I can see from the piccys is that they are red. He said that the previous owner put the 4 pots on so he has no idea what they are. to me, they look like standard calipers painted. Correct me if im wrong.

Niles
Monday 20th February 2012, 12:08
Hi at that price it's still cheap

trust me, after what a mate of mine picked up last week for 800 that car is not cheap.

Al115
Monday 20th February 2012, 12:27
S922 CTX is the reg, if it helps anyone spot it in future.

"new top strut mountains" was my favourite bit of the advert.