PDA

View Full Version : queries and advice

craigoodwood
Sunday 12th February 2012, 14:51
so all being well this coming friday i will be doin the deed of removing the 15g and replacing with a 16t...
am i right in thinking there is no gaskets between manifold and turbine?
is there anythin i need to look out for while doin the job?
are the standard injectors going to be happy with the difference?

all input welcome :):)

Nealevo
Sunday 12th February 2012, 14:59
Swapped my 15 for a 16 and had no probs, standard orange injectors seem upto the job, I had a remap (HLM) at same time and mine runs very well. Boosts at 18-19 psi too

Niles
Sunday 12th February 2012, 15:03
hi, No gaskets needed. I would get a new turbo return oil seal and the oil drain rubber O ring. Can get the both from parts for volvos online for about £5 delivered for the pair.
I would check the vacuum lines condition and make a good note as to where they go to from the BCS.
Other than those details, its a straight swap (assuming your 16T has a straight outlet and the 15G thats coming off is also a straight outlet, it MAY be a concical outlet).
If it is conical you will need to swap the 16's exhaust housing from straight/angled to the conical side.
If both are straight outlet then its a bolt off, bolt on.

The injectors (oranges??) will be ok with the 16t.

craigoodwood
Sunday 12th February 2012, 15:47
excellent, i've got both the oil return gasket and ring to go on, it is a matching straight outlet as i had the down pipe off for the decat :)

will i benefit from bigger injectors as i happen to have 4 of red 350cc's off a saab that i could soon get an extra one for the t5???