PDA

View Full Version : volvo v70 r over heating HELP

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:56
hi all got a volvo v70 r on a 98 auto its over heating have had a head gasket test done and came back negative do they have water pump probs ? can any one help cheers

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:01
1st check thermostat mate

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:06
If the whole rad is cold and tempperature going up thats the thermostat stack closed get it replase.U have to run it stationery.

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:07

seems to open fine both rad pipes get hot and have heat in the car but the top hose dont feel like its got water in it when sat running its fine fan cuts in and out but drive it and all hell lets lose

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:14
I had to read that twice then, as I first thought it was a V70 Rover!!

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:18
lol cheers pal

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:19
seems to open fine both rad pipes get hot and have heat in the car but the top hose dont feel like its got water in it when sat running its fine fan cuts in and out but drive it and all hell lets lose

Do the pipes feel firm or soft?

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:22
Do the pipes feel firm or soft?

soft took the top hose off and not much there at all but was flowing water from stat side

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:26
soft took the top hose off and not much there at all but was flowing water from stat side

Ok,and the top up tank level is fine but not enough water in the top pipe.Have u chnged the coolant lately?It feels like some air lock or similar.Have u tried to run it wiv top up tank cap off to c if the water goes down to top it up?normally does work.

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:31
Ok,and the top up tank level is fine but not enough water in the top pipe.Have u chnged the coolant lately?It feels like some air lock or similar.Have u tried to run it wiv top up tank cap off to c if the water goes down to top it up?normally does work.

yeah done all of that m8 and it circulates fine dont boil over runs ace fan is in and out drive it down the road and it makes me livid looks like the kettle has just boiled

PHIL V70R
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:35
air lock or poss temp senser playing up not pump if its pushin the water round mate poss tho..

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:42
air lock or poss temp senser playing up not pump if its pushin the water round mate poss tho..

well it boils over so not thinking temp sensor just thought it might be the pump as the golfs and seat leons suffer from water pumps there fine sat running and drive them they over heat the impeller falls off

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:43
yeah done all of that m8 and it circulates fine dont boil over runs ace fan is in and out drive it down the road and it makes me livid looks like the kettle has just boiled

Have u done any work on the cooling system or chnged coland b4 it happened?

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:45
Have u done any work on the cooling system or chnged coland b4 it happened?

no m8 nothing just started

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:51
no m8 nothing just started

If it was here I`d deffo fix it `cos have to actually c it.That leaves me wiv a poss w/pump fault. if the impeller is worn it straggles to circulate enough under a load.

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 20:55
The impeller on the one I replaced was metal so may not be wornt but spinns over the shaft.Easy job mate will take 2hours wiv tea brakes.

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 21:05
The impeller on the one I replaced was metal so may not be wornt but spinns over the shaft.Easy job mate will take 2hours wiv tea brakes.
lol sounds good think im going to do a full rebuild top to bottom then i should sort it lol i got a big intercooler to go on and a t28 as well then get it remapped by polestar should be ok then

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 21:19
lol sounds good think im going to do a full rebuild top to bottom then i should sort it lol i got a big intercooler to go on and a t28 as well then get it remapped by polestar should be ok then

Sounds good mate.Just wondering if T28 is bigger and better than 18T and will it need a castom oil and water feeds?

r/boy26
Saturday 11th February 2012, 21:25
Sounds good mate.Just wondering if T28 is bigger and better than 18T and will it need a castom oil and water feeds?

just need the down pipe sorting as it need to be at more of an angle and need a 5 branch mani for it as well but there only £96 so cheap mod

LiamT4
Saturday 11th February 2012, 21:33

I think they will give similar power maybe a bit less than a 19t.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 11th February 2012, 21:51
How was the headgasket tested?

Kingsford G
Saturday 11th February 2012, 21:53
I think they will give similar power maybe a bit less than a 19t.

|Sounds like I better send mine for a hybrid rebuild which shoud out perform 19t or am I wrong?