PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my black grille please.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 11:37
Thoughts please on my black grille now with 'T5' badge on. Does it look better than it did as the reactions before seemed to be that it was too plain.

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 11:38
I like it mate. You just need to move your horns though.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 11:39
You down in Wolverhampton mate?

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 11:42
You down in Wolverhampton mate?

No im sat at home mate and aint to happy about it either.

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 11:43
need to see it on the car mate

abdul
Saturday 11th February 2012, 11:46
Very nice

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:09
need to see it on the car mate

Hopefully back later, Araldite setting permitting!

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:10
No im sat at home mate and aint to happy about it either.

Was it still on though and you decided not to go? Morecambe next weekend anyway mate.

M-R-P
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:20
Looks good mark. I'd like to see it on the car before i could say weather or not the border needs painting tho.

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:23
Was it still on though and you decided not to go? Morecambe next weekend anyway mate.

Yes its still on mate. I got as far as killington lake services on the M6 and had to turn round and head home. In the 46miles that i did i used 5 gallon of fuel. Something up with the car so decided just to get it back home. Hoping i can get it sorted before next saturday.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:25
Looks good mark. I'd like to see it on the car before i could say weather or not the border needs painting tho.

I'll try it later on the car, but I've used Araldite glue and you can't rush it. I've got the grille in a warm place and hopefully in a 2-3 hours it will have set.

Just put a K & N induction kit on as well, and my ECU is away being remapped.

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:27
Where did you get your K&N at mate? What did you pay for it?

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:30
Where did you get your K&N at mate? What did you pay for it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400133165439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here mate.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:34
Yes its still on mate. I got as far as killington lake services on the M6 and had to turn round and head home. In the 46miles that i did i used 5 gallon of fuel. Something up with the car so decided just to get it back home. Hoping i can get it sorted before next saturday.

Sorry to here that, but 9mpg aint good. How's the engine running?

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 12:38
Sorry to here that, but 9mpg aint good. How's the engine running?

Seems to be running fine. I need to check over everything as ive maybe not put something back on right since i did my PCV last weekend.

Have you got a pod or something to mount your boost guage into yet mate?

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 13:01
Seems to be running fine. I need to check over everything as ive maybe not put something back on right since i did my PCV last weekend.

Have you got a pod or something to mount your boost guage into yet mate?

Hope you find the problem.

I've got an A pillar pod coming:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380383812004?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Hope it's OK.

Cubes
Saturday 11th February 2012, 13:03
Looks good fella. You'll find it'll make a huge difference once it's on the car.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 13:07
Looks good fella. You'll find it'll make a huge difference once it's on the car.

I'm eager to get it back on the car, but the adhesive isn't setting yet. I know from using Araldite before, that sometimes you have to leave it overnight, but then it gives a fantastic bond.

Cubes
Saturday 11th February 2012, 13:09
Can't remember what I used. It's still on though, which is a bonus. No point in rushing it.

LiamT4
Saturday 11th February 2012, 13:16
That looks good there, but i bought a black mesh grille for my silver S70R and it just didn't suit it when it was on the car, i thought it would go well with silver, but nope. I replaced it with the "2003" C70 sports grille.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 15:46
Hopefully back on later, Araldite setting permitting!

OK-it's back on. What do you think now please?

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 15:53
looks nice what about getting the car actually in the photo lol

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:02
looks nice what about getting the car actually in the photo lol

Just for you, I've run back out into the cold and taken these:- LOL

local-looney
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:10
like it!!!!!!!

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:11
Where's the new wheels at for the D5 Mark?

claymore
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:12
Looks good to me

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:22
Where's the new wheels at for the D5 Mark?

Hiding from the salt on the roads in the house! They'll be on the D5 soon as Daza-B wants the Titans.

daza-b
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:27
wont be long mate, jus gotta make back some of the money i have lost :(

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:31
wont be long mate, jus gotta make back some of the money i have lost :(

No worries mate. I've not had chance to change them yet anyway, but if the weather permits on Friday afternoon, they will be swapped over. Then I can bring them to the Morcy meet.

daza-b
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:51
OK-it's back on. What do you think now please?

still missing something lol

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:55

Car needs lowered and an "R" bumper.

daza-b
Saturday 11th February 2012, 16:56

hahaha yeaaaaaa

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:05

I don't really want to lower it as I find it low down already, and have banged my head several times on the tailgate. An R bumper is a possibility if one comes up some time. Thanks for the tips!!

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:06

Yeah, the remapped ECU!!!

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:19
I don't really want to lower it as I find it low down already, and have banged my head several times on the tailgate. An R bumper is a possibility if one comes up some time. Thanks for the tips!!

Yes TBH mate they look good lowered but theyre not always practical. I filled mine up with fuel lastnight and the rears were rubbing badly.

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:22
yeah nice mate, any shots from the n/side? pmsl

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:24

I was thinking he could maybe have stood on his head and taken an upside down shot. Lol

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:26

Just a minute- I'm off outside to take some!! LOL

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:30
I was thinking he could maybe have stood on his head and taken an upside down shot. Lol

I took these of the new 18's for the D5 'hiding' in the outhouse.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:33
Yes TBH mate they look good lowered but theyre not always practical. I filled mine up with fuel lastnight and the rears were rubbing badly.

From what you were saying earlier, you'll be off to fill up again tonight as well!

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:35
I took these of the new 18's for the D5 'hiding' in the outhouse.

Ummmm nice mate. Surprised youve stopped yourself from poping out and fitting them.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:40
Ummmm nice mate. Surprised youve stopped yourself from poping out and fitting them.

I've not really had time, it's cold and I'm scared sh-tless after the experience a few weeks ago. I now have a trolley jack so don't need to use the scissor thing, but I've got to remember to tighten me nuts!!

daza-b
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:42
dont worry mate it will be fine :)

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:49
I've not really had time, it's cold and I'm scared sh-tless after the experience a few weeks ago. I now have a trolley jack so don't need to use the scissor thing, but I've got to remember to tighten me nuts!!

Yes those scissor jacks are ok for beside the road changing a wheel but not safe to work off.

Im still scared of kerbing mine.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 17:57
Yes those scissor jacks are ok for beside the road changing a wheel but not safe to work off.

Im still scared of kerbing mine.

Have you posted any picys of the car with the new wheels, as I can't remember seeing them?

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 18:14
Have you posted any picys of the car with the new wheels, as I can't remember seeing them?

Ermmm no not yet mate. I cant get any piccys to load off photobucket plus i havent taken any of her yet with the new wheels on.

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 18:15
Ermmm no not yet mate. I cant get any piccys to load off photobucket plus i havent taken any of her yet with the new wheels on.

change your wheels? oh dear lol to what? and what you doing with your comets?

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 18:20
change your wheels? oh dear lol to what? and what you doing with your comets?

Yes ive got new wheels on now mate. Think ill keep what they are as a surprise until Cadwell. Thought you might have already known what they were. Lol. I bought them on here.
My comets are just sat in the shed at the min badly in need of a refurb. Not sure what to do with them yet.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 18:22

I just use my phone and then e-mail them to my PC.

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 18:27
Yes ive got new wheels on now mate. Think ill keep what they are as a surprise until Cadwell. Thought you might have already known what they were. Lol. I bought them on here.
My comets are just sat in the shed at the min badly in need of a refurb. Not sure what to do with them yet.

word of advice mate, dont sell them, wish i hadn't mine but needed the money to pay for the pegs, make good track wheels?

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 18:48
word of advice mate, dont sell them, wish i hadn't mine but needed the money to pay for the pegs, make good track wheels?

Yes think ill keep hold of them for now. Just get a cheap refurb done on them to tidy them up.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:05
Yes think ill keep hold of them for now. Just get a cheap refurb done on them to tidy them up.

£50/wheel I was quoted for properly refurbing the Titans, but as you know Daza-B's bought them now.

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:21
£50/wheel I was quoted for properly refurbing the Titans, but as you know Daza-B's bought them now.

Where was that at mark?

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:25
Where was that at mark?

It was someone down in the West Midlands near to work, but they are supposed to do a fantastic job. I've got the name somewhere, and I could take the wheels down and back up for you.

T5frankie
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:26
Where was that at mark?

chad does them for £40 a wheel in brum

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:28
It was someone down in the West Midlands near to work, but they are supposed to do a fantastic job. I've got the name somewhere, and I could take the wheels down and back up for you.

Cheers mark. Ill see what i decide to do with them and let you know mate.

smithson007
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:30
chad does them for £40 a wheel in brum

There's a fella round here that does them but he's now charging 70 notes a wheel. Does a fantastic job but i aint paying that much.

daza-b
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:44
There's a fella round here that does them but he's now charging 70 notes a wheel. Does a fantastic job but i aint paying that much.

ill buy em off ya lmao or ill recon them for ya?

foammanmark
Saturday 11th February 2012, 19:44
Cheers mark. Ill see what i decide to do with them and let you know mate.

Look mate, I'm coming to the Morcy meet with a set of wheels in the car, so I wouldn't mind coming back with a set in the car as well. They would be at the refurbers w/c 20/2/12 and back the week after. That saves you transporting them around( except for Carlisle-Morecambe and back).