PDA

View Full Version : volvo v70 phase 1 bumper protectors

t5 pete
Friday 10th February 2012, 19:44
Hey every one wheres the best place to buy a bumper protector from ive looked on ebay and seen the ones at 50 odd quid but tbh they look crap and real tacky, with the car being used as a daily driver and getting the dog in and out i dont want to be scratching the rear bumper and would rather have a protector on than a load of scratches so my main question is do they do a rubbery one and one that looks half decent some where.
Chere

Jamest5r
Friday 10th February 2012, 19:51
Get a ramp.

foammanmark
Friday 10th February 2012, 19:51
Do you have the dogs enclosed when you open the tailgate, or are they free to jump out as soon as you open it? I ask because I just use foam from work to protect my bumper, but my dogs are in a Barjo dog cage so I can put the foam in place before they jump out. Same when they go back in, I just fold the foam out.

I can give you some when wee meet.

local-looney
Friday 10th February 2012, 19:54
Hey every one wheres the best place to buy a bumper protector from ive looked on ebay and seen the ones at 50 odd quid but tbh they look crap and real tacky, with the car being used as a daily driver and getting the dog in and out i dont want to be scratching the rear bumper and would rather have a protector on than a load of scratches so my main question is do they do a rubbery one and one that looks half decent some where.
Chere

sell the dog.....:saythat:

t5 pete
Friday 10th February 2012, 20:01
Get a ramp.
lol very help full thank you

Do you have the dogs enclosed when you open the tailgate, or are they free to jump out as soon as you open it? I ask because I just use foam from work to protect my bumper, but my dogs are in a Barjo dog cage so I can put the foam in place before they jump out. Same when they go back in, I just fold the foam out.

I can give you some when wee meet.

Cheers buddy my dog would fit in a cage but the irish wolf hounds wont lol i had thought about just using a towel every time but would just be my luck to fotget one time.

sell the dog.....:saythat:

The wife will go before the dog does and theres no way shes going as it will cost too much so the dog going is a no go lol

julek780
Saturday 11th February 2012, 09:01
Hi i have two large dogs and after years of clear tape on the bumber decided to splash out and brought a heavy duty cover from Demon Tweeks.
I have found it to be a perfect fit for the v70 phase 1.
Julian

volvokid
Saturday 11th February 2012, 23:30
on my saffy i used to have a clear film that goes over the top of the bumper, I have never bothered putting a new bit on my new bumper as im going to replace it at some point. I also have a little cover that pulls out from under the floor and flaps over the bumper.
These are both gen volvo parts