PDA

View Full Version : fan staying on

NORDIC R
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 11:53
Ive noticed quite a few times that my fan runs on for around 5 to 6 mins after ive switched off tho ive only went around 20 miles from cold start to my house. The reason Im asking is because lately ive been having a little trouble with my battery
Does any one elses do this??
Shed some geniuses

M-R-P
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 12:02
Every time I pop a boost pipe, the fan runs on for a while. Have you had any problems with the engine - lights coming on and going off etc? might be worth getting the codes read. The engine management seems to panic about something and runs the fan as a safety precaution. Could also be a sensor playing up. Again, see if you can get the codes read and go from there.

NORDIC R
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 12:05
Martin ive actually been sayin ti my self over the past awoken the car feels quite sluggish/slow then I was thinking to myself behave its only because am gettin used to it must have a little nosey and check boost pipes. Cheers

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 12:10
Is your temperature guage working ok? Could be the temperature sensor is playing up, it would cause the fans to run and the ecu would over/under fuel the engine.

NORDIC R
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 12:15
Nah bomb it seems ok sits usually at the half way point must just keep my eye on that too have really only been driving to work and back lately its just a quick run up the motorway by the time I get up to work (15 mins) its only gettin warmed

Nealevo
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 12:17
My fan on my 850R used to run on for ages, it was found to be an ECU fault, id had a Rica mapped ECU put in and one of the soldered joints worked loose, as soon as it was replaced it was perfect again.

NORDIC R
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 21:34
Were are these boosts pipes positioned goin to have a nosey here before work

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 22:16
my temp sensor went and made the fan come on...replaced and all is ok..

M-R-P
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 22:38
Were are these boosts pipes positioned goin to have a nosey here before work

All the big ones - turbo to Intercooler, Intercooler to throttle body. Might be worth checking the smaller pipes going to and from the boost controller (next to the airbox) one goes to the turbo, one goes to the wastegate actuator one goes to the inlet pipe. You can spray carb cleaner up and down the small pipes while the engine is idling, if it picks up, there's a leak. This won't pick up all leaks but can help.