PDA

View Full Version : oil return pipe

adam280
Monday 6th February 2012, 20:02
when fitting my turbo at the wknd the oil return pipe popped out of the block i didnt notice until id fitted the v clamp and water lines etc. i had to bend it slightly to get it to fit as i couldnt be bothered to undo everything again and i didnt fit a new o ring, now its leaking. should the oil return pipe be able to be fitted/removed with the turbo in place. cheers adam

T5frankie
Monday 6th February 2012, 20:05
when fitting my turbo at the wknd the oil return pipe popped out of the block i didnt notice until id fitted the v clamp and water lines etc. i had to bend it slightly to get it to fit as i couldnt be bothered to undo everything again and i didnt fit a new o ring, now its leaking. should the oil return pipe be able to be fitted/removed with the turbo in place. cheers adam

yes materfrom underneath with a long allen key extended with a spanner on the end

adam280
Monday 6th February 2012, 20:42
ive already fitted it but it wouldnt fit properly i had to bend it. now its leaking.

T5frankie
Monday 6th February 2012, 20:55
you can't bend it mate lol and it needs a gasket at the top end and a seal at the bottom end it will push in with a sort of pop when it's seated right

jayeastanglia
Monday 6th February 2012, 21:22
may need a bit of sealant on the block end as well if u bent the pipe to make it fit..

adam280
Monday 6th February 2012, 21:33
only bent it a little bit lol, i had to so it would fit. it seems like it should be fitted before the turbo etc is bolted up as i couldnt get it to fit. i done the top gasket gotta get the bottom one now. what should it be boosting at?

T5frankie
Monday 6th February 2012, 21:43
only bent it a little bit lol, i had to so it would fit. it seems like it should be fitted before the turbo etc is bolted up as i couldnt get it to fit. i done the top gasket gotta get the bottom one now. what should it be boosting at?

you push it into the block first then bolt up the two allen bolts after, you had it running then? whats it go like now?

Jamest5r
Monday 6th February 2012, 21:44
If/when you bend it mate the round end that goes into the block deform's and goes slightly oval so you will never get a tight seal again, you need another if this has happened and to refit....new seal put the block end in 1st then mate with the turbo, yes can be a bit fidly but dont force it.

adam280
Monday 6th February 2012, 22:04
you push it into the block first then bolt up the two allen bolts after, you had it running then? whats it go like now?

ive been out in it but didnt thrash it i wanna let the turbo run in first. ive fitted a blanking plate but aint fitted the dv yet sounds wicked. gotta set the actuator aswell