PDA

View Full Version : volvo v70 s70 auto shifter light

t5 pete
Sunday 5th February 2012, 22:27
Just been reading up on this as my light is out. haynes states the bulb cannot be seprated from the holder is this true? as i dont want to be removing the console to then have to wait to order a new bulb and holder from volvo.
Cheers

jdavis
Monday 6th February 2012, 15:17
Iv seen a guide online on voc saying it can be changed mate

t5 pete
Monday 6th February 2012, 18:48
Just been looking through parts for volvos and it does look like its the bulb and holder i need.

Jamest5r
Monday 6th February 2012, 18:50
From the top...P,R,N,D etc what you need a light for lol :)

t5 pete
Monday 6th February 2012, 19:08
It took me ages the other nite to find drive lol

pamdam
Monday 6th February 2012, 23:10
I have the same problem on my 850 estate its really anoying i have to put my map light to find gear sometimes.

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 08:28
What's hard just 3 clicks down, you won't even look at it soon anyway

pamdam
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 10:26
yeah it been anoying this week though, shifting between the gears for the snow. Sometimes you just dont count the clicks and it 4 clicks lol thats where i get caught out all the time 3 clicks down and then rev the ballocks off it in neutral whilst staying still and looking like a tit at the junction.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 10:42
yeah it been anoying this week though, shifting between the gears for the snow. Sometimes you just dont count the clicks and it 4 clicks lol thats where i get caught out all the time 3 clicks down and then rev the ballocks off it in neutral whilst staying still and looking like a tit at the junction.

Just stick it in drive and press w for snow :)

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 14:30
I must admit sometimes mine takes a minute to come on after all the other lights... im convinced it has an energy saver bulb hidden under there.

I find not knowing which gear your selecting a "mini-adventure"!!!

jdavis
Friday 10th February 2012, 20:20
go down until light comes on on dash, then back up one. thats how i find 'D' when it's dark.

t5 pete
Friday 10th February 2012, 20:25
lol the new bulb is on order then a pain in the ass job just for a bulb but if its meant to be working im going to have it working