PDA

View Full Version : The new women in my life

t5 pete
Friday 3rd February 2012, 22:58
Today was the day i finally got a saffy v70 r ive wanted a really nice one for some time but couldnt find any and was giving up hope but this came up
Shes done 120k the interior is absoultly mint and like new same for the exterior no scratch etc just one little dint at the bottom of the rear quater and thats it.
In the last year shes had a - new cat,new cat back stainless system, just had 4 new tyres and wheels refurbed, brand new towbar never used, new rad oil lines and rings etc, all new discs and pads, wishbones,bushed,tie bars,new fobs,new hd battey,new genuine volvofuel pump n cam sensor,rica 310 the list is endless and the previous owner must have spent a fortune.
Any way just a quick pic ill up load more when ive cleaned and polished her.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/2637.jpg

LiamT4
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:05
Sounds like a good un :B_thumb:

When looking for a car, it pays to be patient.

t5 pete
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:08
Sounds like a good un :B_thumb:

When looking for a car, it pays to be patient.

lol yeah my problem is im not very patient at all i went to look at the ca ron monday and its nearly killed me waiting untill friday to collect her lol

LiamT4
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:11
lol yeah my problem is im not very patient at all i went to look at the ca ron monday and its nearly killed me waiting untill friday to collect her lol

At least you can drive yours! I looked at mine last sat, pick it up tomorrow, but i'm only insured to drive it for one day, then it will be sat on my drive untill the s70 is gone.

t5 pete
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:14
i just swaped the insurance over from my t5 so wasnt too bad

LiamT4
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:17
i just swaped the insurance over from my t5 so wasnt too bad

I didn't want my s70 to just sit there doing nowt and its too much to have both insured, so untill its sold i can't drive 5series.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:22
really pleased for you pete if that's truly what you have always wanted.

What you doing with the 850?

volvo
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:24
ahhh, congrats!! That looks like a lovely motor without a trillion miles on it! Hope you enjoy it....

t5 pete
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:26
Cheers dave the 850 will go one the ramp for the time being, i will never sell or get rid of the 850 it was the car i wanted from being a kid i suppose ill leave it for a year and then get it all resprayed as there quite a few scratches and dints on the 850 and return it to its former glory.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:27
Good stuff. I may have a job for you soon (bidding on something in Barnsley).

t5 pete
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:29
no prob dave also if its a car ive got pleanty of storage space round the rear

NORDIC R
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:31
beautiful motor
looks mint
health chum

t5_monkey
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:48
looks great!!

WOODY T5
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:51
Looks very nice that pete well done have u got any plans for it then

antz
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:54
Thats nice! I love the colour!

Volvostorm
Saturday 4th February 2012, 01:03
Nice one Pete!

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 4th February 2012, 01:03
Nice one Pete. Looks fantastic.

Kingsford G
Saturday 4th February 2012, 02:44
Nice!Manual or auto?

rikcougar
Saturday 4th February 2012, 08:29
Just niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

jdavis
Saturday 4th February 2012, 10:21
looks tidy Pete. is it Manual or auto?

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 10:39
Very nice and I hope that she goes well for you. Great low mileage as well. I'm a little bit jealous, as I really fancy one myself.

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 11:53
Cheers ever one she a auto as I'm keeping her for a daily driver not got any plans really I've just had her on the ramp today for a good inspection and a service and she's in brilliant condition Im just gunna order a new timing belt etc and then just need a standard air box as i don't want the cone filter thats on it.

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 11:57
I'm about to take the standard air box off my V70 T5 as I'm doing the opposite to you, but would that be any good to you?

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 11:59
I'm about to take the standard air box off my V70 T5 as I'm doing the opposite to you, but would that be any good to you?

That would be brilliant I'm after a swap really for the cone filter as the one on myne is next to new and has all the braket etc to hold the filter in place.

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:02
That would be brilliant I'm after a swap really for the cone filter as the one on myne is next to new and has all the braket etc to hold the filter in place.

Typical! I've just bought a brand new kit or we could have done the swap! See how you go on, and if you end up needing mine, it will be here doing nothing.

If you're a Barnsley fan and coming to Burnley on the 14/2/12, we could meet?!

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:17
Typical! I've just bought a brand new kit or we could have done the swap! See how you go on, and if you end up needing mine, it will be here doing nothing.

If you're a Barnsley fan and coming to Burnley on the 14/2/12, we could meet?!

lol not actually a barnsley fan but i do get payed to take a lad i look after to watch them so yeah a meet up would be brill, also how much you wanting for the air box please and is it in nice nick.
Cheers

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:23
lol not actually a barnsley fan but i do get payed to take a lad i look after to watch them so yeah a meet up would be brill, also how much you wanting for the air box please and is it in nice nick.
Cheers

To be honest, I've only had the car a couple of months, and I've only looked at the air box when I put a Pipercross filter in it, but it looked OK to me. If you're interested in the filter, it's only done 500 miles maximum since I bought it of Big Rotch.

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:25
Hows £30 sound for the box and filter.
P.S. just to make sure it is a t5 youve got?

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:34
Hows £30 sound for the box and filter.
P.S. just to make sure it is a t5 youve got?

Definitely a p1 97 T5 but it's away at my local Volvo independant's at the moment, or else I'd go and have a look at the box for you. My bonnet release has gone, and it's also having the wishbones and a remap done whilst in.

OK- £30.00 is a deal thanks, subject to the box being OK which I'm sure it is. We could either meet at the footy, or how do you fancy the Morecambe meet 18/2/12?

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:37
Brilliant cheers i doubt i will make the Morecambe meet but deffinatly have a meet at the barnsley match of if you want to come abit eairly and have a cuppa at myne as im only ten mins from the football ground.

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:49
Brilliant cheers i doubt i will make the Morecambe meet but deffinatly have a meet at the barnsley match of if you want to come abit eairly and have a cuppa at myne as im only ten mins from the football ground.

The game on the 14/2/12 is at Burnley, but I presume that you're 10 mins from Barnsley's ground? Thanks for the offer of the cuppa though.

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 12:50
lol crossed wires carnt you tell im not that much into football im sure we will sort summert

willi
Saturday 4th February 2012, 18:13
Nice one..Like it.. Esp as its an auto..lol

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 18:24
lol crossed wires carnt you tell im not that much into football im sure we will sort summert

Just back from the Burnley game and it was the most wintery game that I've ever been to. Cold doesn't come into it, and we only just got out of Burnley cos the roads were so bad with snow/ice. Beemers/Mercs stuck as usual which is always good to see!

I'll let you know when they will be available as soon as I can, but that depends on when I get the car back, and then have the time to fit the induction kit. Hopefully Friday/Saturday next week. If you wanted to meet around half way between Barnsley/Great Harwood, that would be good.

t5 pete
Saturday 4th February 2012, 20:12
Just been for a good run in her today before the snow came and god its so comfy and smooth to drive i could honnestly drive the wheels of her also the rica 310 make the car bloody shift i was really suprised how well it picks up and the ultra smooth power delivery im well happy.

foammanmark
Saturday 4th February 2012, 20:17
Just been for a good run in her today before the snow came and god its so comfy and smooth to drive i could honnestly drive the wheels of her also the rica 310 make the car bloody shift i was really suprised how well it picks up and the ultra smooth power delivery im well happy.

Look, I was already a bit jealous, but I'm a lot more jealous now! I really look forward to seeing the car when we meet. I do like my T5 and with the remap, I may like it a whole lot more! I'm missing the car, cos I haven't seen it since Tuesday.

AndysR
Sunday 5th February 2012, 16:41
Sounds good Pete, good to hear your enjoying your new purchase :)

T5frankie
Sunday 5th February 2012, 16:51
lovely motor pete

volvokid
Sunday 5th February 2012, 18:01
Very nice Pete!!! Looks like mine :^P

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 5th February 2012, 19:04
no prob dave also if its a car ive got pleanty of storage space round the rear

Nah it much smaller - namely one semi slick racing tyre.

smithson007
Sunday 5th February 2012, 19:08
Looks very nice mate. Another saffy V70R to the club.

The reds's are begining to get out numbered. LOL

t5 pete
Monday 6th February 2012, 18:50
Well just fitted new timing belt and serpantine belt so thats about it just need to give it a damm good clean and get some more pics up.

volvokid
Monday 6th February 2012, 19:47
Whats the serpantine belt?

Kingsford G
Monday 6th February 2012, 19:51

drive belt,fan belt whatever u wanna call it.

volvokid
Monday 6th February 2012, 19:52
Ah ok thank you

martybelfastt5
Monday 6th February 2012, 19:53
lovely mate, the elusive saffron gang grows lol

t5 pete
Monday 6th February 2012, 19:58

On older cars there used to be two or three auxillary belts for the fan power steering pump etc but then as technology moves forward they combined all the ancillarys together and on one belt called the serpantine belt.

t5 pete
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 17:44
Well finally had time to give her a quick clean ill get more pics tomorrow when its light again, on another note the paint work doesnt feel as smooth as my other t5 is that due to the t5 having 9yrs of constant polishing or the v70r needs that clay bar stuff.
Still very nice and shiny tho
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/IMAG0199.jpg

smithy
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 17:47
Well finally had time to give her a quick clean ill get more pics tomorrow when its light again, on another note the paint work doesnt feel as smooth as my other t5 is that due to the t5 having 9yrs of constant polishing or the v70r needs that clay bar stuff.
Still very nice and shiny tho
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/IMAG0199.jpg

nice motor mate

volvokid
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 22:06
Yeah get paint decontaminated dude , clay bar is the most common way

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 12:47
Heres the final pics
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/IMAG0202.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/IMAG0203.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/IMAG0204.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/IMAG0201.jpg

Just need to take her on a good run now

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 15:58
Looks really nice Pete.

Definately got a good one there, I dont know if its previously been asked but where did you find her?

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 16:15
cheers emlyn it came from halifax so not far at all the other one i was looking at was a 500 mile round trip but if this one fell through ide have been straight down for the other.

T5frankie
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 18:14
looks really sweet mate

merc85
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 18:42
Looks very nice mate. Another saffy V70R to the club.

The reds's are begining to get out numbered. LOL

Yeah Comon those brown ones pmsl P

96T5Andy
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 18:44
Tidy. Looks proper nice.

t5 pete
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 19:21
looks really sweet mate

Cheers frank on another note ive been meaning to ask you where you got the saffron paint from for your calipers as im not keen on myne being red.
Cheers

T5frankie
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 19:43
Cheers frank on another note ive been meaning to ask you where you got the saffron paint from for your calipers as im not keen on myne being red.
Cheers

when i got the car there was a little pot of it in the boot so i used that lol, sorry they need doing again properly anyway you cant copy my idea its a one off lol

abdul
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 19:52
Very nice

julek780
Thursday 9th February 2012, 14:11
Hi Pete thats a great colour, best colour Volvo ever used, on the best looking Estate from Volvo.
Saw car on Ebay, looks like you got a great deal.
The Glt in the garage looks good
Julian

t5 pete
Thursday 9th February 2012, 14:20
Hi Pete thats a great colour, best colour Volvo ever used, on the best looking Estate from Volvo.
Saw car on Ebay, looks like you got a great deal.
The Glt in the garage looks good
Julian

Cheers julian, yeah the saffron is a very nice colour and the phase 1 v70's are lovley, weve had the 240 glt for over 20yrs now im hopefully going to fully restore it to mint condition this summer.

stribo
Thursday 9th February 2012, 19:26
Lovely looking car.

foammanmark
Thursday 9th February 2012, 20:52
That is a stunning motor. Look forward to seeing it when we meet.