PDA

View Full Version : is this a face lift

graemewelch
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 20:56
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3356076.htm

been in touch with seller. but i cant tell if its face lift or not. its the 2.4 engine so im guessing it is. id say its over priced for the milage. what do the experts think

AndysR
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:05
Certainly is a facelift model, although they got a minor lift again for the '06 model which is when wing mirror mounted side repeaters came in ;)

MattM
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:09
Yep it's a facelift.
As you said, seems pretty pricey. Does it really command a £2,000 premium over the S60?

graemewelch
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:09
Certainly is a facelift model, although they got a minor lift again for the '06 model which is when wing mirror mounted side repeaters came in ;)

thought it was.

micken
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:48
face is elevated and so is price

volvokid
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:53
I paid less for my V70R same age 5MONTHS AGO!!

LiamT4
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:56
Nice car, but too much money.

volvokid
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 22:06
Yep it's a facelift.
As you said, seems pretty pricey. Does it really command a £2,000 premium over the S60?

The estates use to always go for 1k more

T5R+
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 22:43
Whilst it is a facelift car - does that automatically mean that it has the 2.4 engine, as opposed to 2.3?

LeeT5
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 05:39
Whilst it is a facelift car - does that automatically mean that it has the 2.4 engine, as opposed to 2.3?

The P2's don't have the 2.3 lump, only 2.4 (unless its an R or a diesel).

LeeT5
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 05:51
The estates use to always go for 1k more

...and the rest!!

It's all down to spec, trim, mileage etc.

A high spec, mint, low mileage, 1 owner V70 will fetch 2-3K more than an equivalent S60, due mainly to the versatility and load lugging capabiltys. Don't even bother trying to compare a V70R with the V70/S60 as its a completly different kettle of fish. Your average punter doesn't even know what an R is! As far as there concerned it looks the same as a V70. They wouldn't notice the Brembo's, 4CCC, 2521cc KKK24 Turbo under the bonnet; hense why they turn their noses up when they find out the insurance group is 3 groups higher than a 2.4 petrol or a D5, not to mention the higher running costs. Fact is, due to the rareity of an R, whether it's a V70R or an S60R, they will always be worth what someone is prepared to pay for one, despite what the Glasses/Parkers guide says there worth, hense it's just to unfair to compare them to even a P2 T5. Might have the same Horses but it's most certainly not the same car.:buttkick:

One more thing...the car in question is a T5 'SE'. This will mean it's fully loaded with every conceivable extra. A bloody nice car and if you fitted the R grille but left off the R badge it really would look the dogs nuts!! As to the price...well, its anyones guess. If you've been looking for a top spec T5 and been waiting a while then go for it. There's always room for negotiation and the seller will always lower the price in order to save a sale. It's a starting point at the end of the day. Doen't mean it's over priced, just whether you really want the car or not will depend how much you pay close to the asking price.

It looks a beautiful car and if i was in the market then surely, its worth a look??

cookie
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 08:26

...and the rest!!

It's all down to spec, trim, mileage etc.

A high spec, mint, low mileage, 1 owner V70 will fetch 2-3K more than an equivalent S60, due mainly to the versatility and load lugging capabiltys. Don't even bother trying to compare a V70R with the V70/S60 as its a completly different kettle of fish. Your average punter doesn't even know what an R is! As far as there concerned it looks the same as a V70. They wouldn't notice the Brembo's, 4CCC, 2521cc KKK24 Turbo under the bonnet; hense why they turn their noses up when they find out the insurance group is 3 groups higher than a 2.4 petrol or a D5, not to mention the higher running costs. Fact is, due to the rareity of an R, whether it's a V70R or an S60R, they will always be worth what someone is prepared to pay for one, despite what the Glasses/Parkers guide says there worth, hense it's just to unfair to compare them to even a P2 T5. Might have the same Horses but it's most certainly not the same car.:buttkick:

One more thing...the car in question is a T5 'SE'. This will mean it's fully loaded with every conceivable extra. A bloody nice car and if you fitted the R grille but left off the R badge it really would look the dogs nuts!! As to the price...well, its anyones guess. If you've been looking for a top spec T5 and been waiting a while then go for it. There's always room for negotiation and the seller will always lower the price in order to save a sale. It's a starting point at the end of the day. Doen't mean it's over priced, just whether you really want the car or not will depend how much you pay close to the asking price.

It looks a beautiful car and if i was in the market then surely, its worth a look??

Facelift - easiest spotted by
1. bumper bling (the chrome inserts)
2. the arm rest between driver and passenger seat

easiest way to check if it's 2.3 or 2.4 is on DVLA (click on vehicle enquiry) (https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/home/intro?SKIN=directgov) as that IIRC would be one of the first of the 2.4's which are far more tuneable, and greater reliably that the 2.5 engine found in the R's

Grills between standard and R are AFAIK not interchangeable, needs to be bumper complete

I could continue, but correct information about P2's is available around forums, regarding Facelifts, changes of engines, spec levels, 2.5R liners splitting............

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 10:46

My P2 is 2.3 but pre-facelift. probably not overly relevant. ;)

graemewelch
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 12:21
ive decieded not to view it. to far to travel to find out its a dog. im thinking of getting a v70r if can get one with sensable miles and money

MattM
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 14:01
ive decieded not to view it. to far to travel to find out its a dog. im thinking of getting a v70r if can get one with sensable miles and money

Think you may have a tough time finding a V70R with sensible miles which isn't going to cost a fair bit.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201204444468012/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/fuel-type/petrol/model/v70/make/volvo/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/mk44gu/keywords/2.5?logcode=p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70-2-5-2004MY-R-300-BHP-RARE-MANUAL-FSH-SAT-NAV-TV-/250957757456?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a6e3f7c10

graemewelch
Tuesday 7th February 2012, 18:09
ive seen both of them and i wouldnt touch either of them. the 2004 one is way over priced for the miles. and the black one isnt much better priced. im sure theyll still be forsale on ebay this time next month

Hoppsym
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 07:47
ive seen both of them and i wouldnt touch either of them. the 2004 one is way over priced for the miles. and the black one isnt much better priced. im sure theyll still be forsale on ebay this time next month

I couldn't live with the trim!

graemewelch
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 18:14
next car ill prob go for black interior. i used to love the orange but think it would be a bit loud for me now