PDA

View Full Version : mental 240

T5frankie
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:12
Wish i had the know how to build one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8l66QFy0dg&feature=related

local-looney
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:17
me too.......

antz
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:48
Wish i had the know how to build one of these.

Same here! Doesnt stop me giving it a go though :)

Honestly, 1 year ago I didnt know how to change the oil in a car, now Im converting a T5 lump into a 240. Its a steep learning curve but as long as you take your time, do hours of research, listen to the people who have done it previously and above all else.....have fun....then youll be alright :)

I get low moments where I think OH MY GOD WHY DID I DO THIS!? but its just remembering that every hour spent on the car is one hour closer to the finished product and ill get there in the end.

If you want to built a manic 240 and have the space to do it then I would suggest giving it a go :) A 940 turbo engine into one has been done a few times now and isnt actually that hard. Its not simple, but its not rocket science

T5frankie
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 21:59
Same here! Doesnt stop me giving it a go though :)

Honestly, 1 year ago I didnt know how to change the oil in a car, now Im converting a T5 lump into a 240. Its a steep learning curve but as long as you take your time, do hours of research, listen to the people who have done it previously and above all else.....have fun....then youll be alright :)

I get low moments where I think OH MY GOD WHY DID I DO THIS!? but its just remembering that every hour spent on the car is one hour closer to the finished product and ill get there in the end.

If you want to built a manic 240 and have the space to do it then I would suggest giving it a go :) A 940 turbo engine into one has been done a few times now and isnt actually that hard. Its not simple, but its not rocket science

i'm thinking 740 with a t5 engine

abdul
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 22:24
Lovely car

WOODY T5
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 22:32
yeah well nice sounds great

antz
Friday 3rd February 2012, 09:59
i'm thinking 740 with a t5 engine

Chesh over on VOC has all the info on that since he has done it himself :) Im using his project thread as research for mine and adapting the ideas to mine

Turbojoe1980
Friday 3rd February 2012, 22:13
Good evening i am new too volvos i am just in process of buying 850 t5 too put into my rare 360glt 3 door volvo want around 500 horsepower will take a while but the fun will bre endless when its done

M-R-P
Friday 3rd February 2012, 22:16
I hope you have deep pockets, getting 500bhp from a t5 lump won't be cheap ;)

LiamT4
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:00
Here you go frankie, this would make a fun 1/4mile car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejKQOBGTjM

Although i prefer my volvos to have volvo engines.

T5frankie
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:11
Good evening i am new too volvos i am just in process of buying 850 t5 too put into my rare 360glt 3 door volvo want around 500 horsepower will take a while but the fun will bre endless when its done

i think 300bhp in a 360 would be mental twice the power of a clio williams conversion

Jim S70R
Friday 3rd February 2012, 23:13
Very nice indeed