PDA

View Full Version : cat back choice: bsr, scorpion or ferita ?

poormansporsche
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 12:19
Alright peeps,

After a cat back for the c70 t5 me7. Looking at the 3 systems above. I won't be changing the downpipe etc. Not really bothered about performance just want something that looks and sounds a bit nicer without being intrusively loud. Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Brett

MRTREE
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 12:23
Id Personally Go For A Scorpion I Had 1 On My Old 84 Quattro Turbo And With The 5cyl Engine It Sounded Sweeeeeet And Not To Loud!

rallysteve
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 13:03
I have got the ferrita on my V70. Slightly unusual in the fact that it is almost standard volume until it warms up, then the harder you drive the nicer it sounds. At no point is it obtrusive though, just sounds nice and burbly. Personally I dont like the Ferrita 3" chrome tailpipe but it is removable (or would be if i could get mine off) and the standard T5 one fits over.

Steve

leeboy
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 13:12
im thinking the same but i am also thinking of a powerflow. would like to also know what people think of them.

poormansporsche
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 13:35
Definitely don't want a powerflow as it killed the mpg on my old mondeo. It really is hit and miss who you get on the day fitting wise.

poormansporsche
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 13:40
Lee, is that robs old c70 ? I was all up for buying it just couldn't get up to nottingham to pick it up , looked lovely !

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 13:58
I have a Miltec - but sadly they don't make them anymore. Be wary of other 70 series makes as the S70 & V70 phase 1 have square bumpers. I had to chop out some of the last part of the zorst so that the tip didn't stick out too far.

Jetex is also a make to consider.

Yosser
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 14:14
Jetex is also a make to consider.

Jetex is the same as BSR, but usually mild steel rather than stainless.

I have a Feritta cat back on the V70 and it really isn't loud at all. It's well made, but drones a little around 3k rpm.

The S70R has a Scorpion cat back and it's a bit louder, not intrusive though - well it wasn't until I fitted a 3" BSR downpipe too :D

T5frankie
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 14:15
It would be a 2 and a half inch with your standard downpipe

Nealevo
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 14:38
i have a TME system from sweden, but i think they are the same as Jetex, sounds lovely

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 14:44
The only part of a mild steel exhaust on a T5 I have ever heard fail is the metal hangers. However SS is nicer

leeboy
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 18:03
Lee, is that robs old c70 ? I was all up for buying it just couldn't get up to nottingham to pick it up , looked lovely !

yes it is robs old car. it is a really nice car and so far i just put a pipercross induction on it. gotta get exhaust and thinking of getting a manual boost control off ebay for it.

leeboy
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 18:07
http://tonybanks.co.uk/exhausts.htm

there is this guy in leeds that will do a cat back for £200 and looking through cars he done it might be alright but it may well be a bag of ****. what do you guys reckon?

leeboy
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 19:00
http://mijexhaust.com/volvo-exhaust-system-stainless-steel-exhaust.html
these seem pretty good. quoted me £295

deathrider311271
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 19:52
Scorpion all the way, sounds lovely with a 3" downpipe and 100cel cat fitted, yes im biased as i have this set up lol, altho i have had Scorpion on several cars and they have all been well made and sound nice.

Simon

poormansporsche
Friday 3rd February 2012, 18:50
well bit the bullet and ordered the BSR - actually worked out cheaper than the Jetex

will do a progress update in a couple of weeks :)

Jamest5r
Friday 3rd February 2012, 19:44
well bit the bullet and ordered the BSR - actually worked out cheaper than the Jetex

will do a progress update in a couple of weeks :)

Sorry mate just seen this thread, pm Chad on here as he is a BSR agent and might be able to get you a better deal, i know its probably too late.

poormansporsche
Friday 3rd February 2012, 20:17
thanks but probably winging its way over from sweden :)

I was happy with the price so its no bother :)

poormansporsche
Thursday 9th February 2012, 12:50
Arrived from Sweden so no complaints with bsr UK's service :)

leeboy
Thursday 9th February 2012, 17:35
how much was it if you dont mind.

poormansporsche
Thursday 9th February 2012, 22:23
No probs, £315 plus 30 quid shipping

some pics fitted:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7096/imag0245cl.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2415/imag0246w.jpg

Not loud at all really but least some sound !

Wobbly Dave
Friday 10th February 2012, 00:19
Looks smashiing and not too long either.

poormansporsche
Friday 10th February 2012, 07:15
Thanks mate, would have preferred your milltek as I had one on a ole vectra of mine and loved it but hey ho :)