PDA

View Full Version : servicing schedule

chancha
Thursday 25th August 2005, 21:12
Guys, I need info as to the servicing of my 1997 v70r. Volvo are quoting something like £230 quid for a service but dont state what is done for this......can someone please supply me with details of what is included because I want to di it myself....

Phoned Volvo about the dreaded lambda light...they say they will not do it for nothing and quoted "£25 min but sometimes it may take 2 hours"...to which I replied ££££££££.....can someone direct me to somewhere I can buy a reader or someone who is a bit more sympathetic.....I live near edinburgh btw...

My third question is one of tuning........I have read on another volvo site about tuning options........ my question is this though....the car being an auto, will it feel much better with the tuning option......I have had other cars that were tuned but they were all manuals, notably an ur quattro with full rs2 spec.......to me the auto feels a bit sluggish unless the kickdown facilty is used...does this change after the remap....

Too many questions but all appreciated-) :B_steerin

Kev

chancha
Thursday 25th August 2005, 21:13
btw the service is for 110,000 :haha:

k690bpp
Thursday 25th August 2005, 22:19
Guys, I need info as to the servicing of my 1997 v70r. Volvo are quoting something like £230 quid for a service but dont state what is done for this......can someone please supply me with details of what is included because I want to di it myself....

service schedule for your car here: http://uk.geocities.com/whsuk/s70r/ServiceProgramme-850-CSV70.pdf

Phoned Volvo about the dreaded lambda light...they say they will not do it for nothing and quoted "£25 min but sometimes it may take 2 hours"...to which I replied ££££££££.....can someone direct me to somewhere I can buy a reader or someone who is a bit more sympathetic.....I live near edinburgh btw...

just get them to read the codes only and then post on here and i'm sure someone will know how to fix it

My third question is one of tuning........I have read on another volvo site about tuning options........ my question is this though....the car being an auto, will it feel much better with the tuning option......I have had other cars that were tuned but they were all manuals, notably an ur quattro with full rs2 spec.......to me the auto feels a bit sluggish unless the kickdown facilty is used...does this change after the remap....

this recent thread should help: http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4083

Jamie
Thursday 25th August 2005, 23:12
Just had my 110k service done at main dealer £185 inc VAT so your quote sounds high!

chriskay
Friday 26th August 2005, 11:24

Too many questions but all appreciated-) :B_steerin

Kev
Hi, Kev; Mine's an auto with the Rica 280 BHP re-map. It makes a world of difference, You don't often need full kick-down, it flies without. Get down to Bromsgrove quick; you won't regret it.
Cheers, Chris.

monsterdark
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 09:43
If your running ME7 ie fly by wire only volvo at the moment & £25 is cheap they can & do charge up to £75 because they say it may take 10mins it may take an hr to sort.

swordy21
Thursday 8th September 2005, 13:43
I've got 310 Rica on an auto. Much easier on the box, more torque, less changing down to get to where you're going. Really shows it's grunt up hills. Watch for the change into second though, you can shred your tyres.......