PDA

View Full Version : Installed aftermarket hu, now aerial wont raise on c70

shepbomb
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:32
Any suggestions????

smithson007
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:34
The aftermarket HU wont have a switched live going to the Aerial i think. Youll need to find which wire goes to the aerial in the back of the car's harness aand connect it to a switched live connected to the HU.

volvo
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:35
i think there is a seperate wire just for the ariel, im guessing you identified this before fitting and connected it? Also, did the ariel work before?
Another thing is some stereos have an 'option' on them to send the ariel down while its playing, can you check if thats the case on yours?

p fandango
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:35
The aftermarket HU wont have a switched live going to the Aerial i think.
most do to turn on amplifers

volvo
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:36
i think the remote wire for the amp is usually blue...bin ages since i wired up a stereo on a motor! Im sure there is usually a wire for the electric ariel too

smithson007
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:39
i think the remote wire for the amp is usually blue...bin ages since i wired up a stereo on a motor! Im sure there is usually a wire for the electric ariel too

Yes its blue on the back of myne. Thats what i have by amp remote run off. Never thought of just connecting the aerial to that.

smithson007
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:40
most do to turn on amplifers

Talking of amp's are you happy with your install now mate?

p fandango
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 20:11
Talking of amp's are you happy with your install now mate?
its all been in the garage for a few months tbh, had to take them out to get some big stuff in the boot & never bothered putting them back. I've got adaptors for the rear shelf & rear door speakers to fit 6" speakers, front doors are on order. Hopefully going to do some more work on the boxes sealing them & bolting them together properly to try & stop the vibrating, we shall see then. I don't think i'll ever be fully 100% happy because they can't compete with the 15's i had before

shepbomb
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 20:36
Yeah it definetly worked before, but the 901 unit was goosed, so put my pioneer in, went and bought the leads this morning to plug the rca into the amp, and the standard iso blocks, just plug and play really.... apart from this aerial...

Mongo
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 21:33
If you plum it it to illumination (usualy orange) when you turn the key up it pops