PDA

View Full Version : puddle lamps question

Bigrobv70
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:24
Hi all
me again lol

my car has lamp units built into the underside of the mirror units but they dont seem to do anything ??

how do i remove the lamps to check the bulbs?
i have looked underneath the mirrors but there is no obvious way to get to the bulb

do i need to remove the mirror cover?
or are they just for show??

Thanks Rob

smithson007
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:29
Do you have a yellow button on your key fob?

Bigrobv70
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:33
yes i do
when i press it itputs on all interior lamps and front & rear sidelights

Rob

smithson007
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:36
yes i do
when i press it itputs on all interior lamps and front & rear sidelights

Rob

That should switch them on Rob. The bulbs have maybe gone. Not sure how to change them. I didnt even know my S60 had them untill i pressed the button by mistake one day.

Bigrobv70
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:54
neither come on with the yellow button

the search continues lol

Rob

s_cowen
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 22:23
Adjust the mirror fully to face in the car & then face it up or down (can't remember which way) then you should be able to get a thin flat ended screwdriver in to release the catch that allows the lense/bulb Holder to be pulled out. I had to do this on mine when the bulb whent last time & took me ages to find out how to do it.

Bigrobv70
Wednesday 1st February 2012, 06:12
thanks loads chap

Rob
ps can you remember what bulbs they take??:smile:

LeeT5
Wednesday 1st February 2012, 20:07
Pretty certain there 5w wedges.

Bigrobv70
Sunday 5th February 2012, 11:37
ok finally got to have a look this morning and there 11w wedge bulbs
however both are fine (tried them in a number plate lamp to test)

are these mirror lamps on a seperate fuse? all other mirror functions work fine

Thanks Rob

LeeT5
Monday 6th February 2012, 01:02
Doubt it fella. SOunds to me like body control module software. Speak to the dealer mate....they may be turned off as the side lights should all come on too when you push the yellow button, yours don't, do they?

Bigrobv70
Monday 6th February 2012, 05:59
yes all side lights come on as well as interior lights just no puddle lamps

Rob

LeeT5
Monday 6th February 2012, 10:06
Then that means they are turned on. Can you remove the bulbs and test the socket with a multi meter? The fact that the side lights all come on has isolated the fault to just the mirrors. Basically you need a wiring diagram because you need to trace the wiring back to where the feed goes to both lamps. Both the lamps wiring will join at some point. You need to find that point and work your way back away from the lamps. Without a wiring diagram your going to struggle. Sorry i can't help you anymore but my version of VADIS doesn't work on win 7 64bit, else i would have a look for you.