PDA

View Full Version : Rica'd S60 D5

RGM200
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 14:22
Hi,

Just a quick question, have just had all 5 of my injectors changed for new ones as the others were, well lets just say they were shot and all 5 were outside tolerances so much so the car finally went into limp mode. So car has had 5 new standard injectors fitted and then a full service. The car is 'not' now as economical as it was before and does not seem as powerful as before the injectors were changed? Do I need to get the ECU retuned?

Any help appreciated

Regards

Rob

M-R-P
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 14:33
Might be worth pulling the battery off for a few hours. If the ecu had learned to cope with knackered injectors, it may be overfueling. A reset may help.

turbo-tuner
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 15:09
The car may have been put back to standard during the service. If so, just call your nearest RICA agent and book it in to have the new Volvo software read and remapped again.

fassi1
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:50
Any DTCs?
Things need to be checked are fuel trims and if O2 sensor switches.
If new injectors are exactly the same as ur old ones there is no need for any remap.
ECU may need some time to adopt to those new injectors as efficiency of those new injectors is slightly different to the old ones.
Fuel trims will tell everything.
It would be handy to test CL AFR.

micken
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 21:11
What age is the car and have you fitted new injectors of the same class as the old ones?

The steps you need to take depend on how you've done the replacement.

stribo
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 21:24
I don't know if it's the case with the Volvo D5 engine, but I know some modern common rail diesels have to have the injectors coded to the engine/ECU.

micken
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 22:32
Earlier D5 engines had one of three classes (flow rate) of injector fitted numbered 1, 2 and 3, and the ecu was coded to this class. Injectors could initially be replaced either by the same class, or an adjacent one. If more than two of another (adjacent) class were replaced the ecu was recoded to that class. Things are currently a bit different since there's only one class of injector that is used for replacement, effectively the equivalent of number 2. These are reconditioned units available from Volvo dealers.

That's why I asked the age of the car and the class of injectors.