PDA

View Full Version : T4 cam position sensor

Dave86
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:29
The engine management lights on in my t4 so i read the codes and came up with:
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Has anyone got one laying about i could buy or where's a good place to get one.
how much are they and how hard are they to change.
Had a bit of a look and seems to be just 2 bolts but i don't know what's inside lol

cheers
Dave

siamblue
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:46
HI The sensor sits inside a housing one 10mm bolt, on my p2 T4 the me7 T5 ones were the same sensor except the wire was slightly shorter on the T5..

Gary..

Dave86
Monday 30th January 2012, 07:14
Cheers Gary had a bit of a look online and there seems to be 2 different sensors one is a black plastic one (1 Bolt) and the other one look like a metal cap that bolts onto the side of the cam cover (2 Bolts). its the metal one that i need.
Also saw the price of a new one a new i must say that they're not exactly cheap lol

T4Rick
Monday 30th January 2012, 19:08
Cheers Gary had a bit of a look online and there seems to be 2 different sensors one is a black plastic one (1 Bolt) and the other one look like a metal cap that bolts onto the side of the cam cover (2 Bolts). its the metal one that i need.
Also saw the price of a new one a new i must say that they're not exactly cheap lol

Do you have a picture of yours Dave i might have one but need to see yours and the connection

Dave86
Monday 30th January 2012, 21:34
Do you have a picture of yours Dave i might have one but need to see yours and the connection

ill take one tomorrow mate when its light cheers mate

siamblue
Monday 30th January 2012, 22:21
The plastic one is the sensor, the metal part is the housing and contains the contacts as well.

Gary

Dave86
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 07:16
The plastic one is the sensor, the metal part is the housing and contains the contacts as well.

Gary

Ah i understand now :-) cheers Gary nice one

Dave86
Tuesday 31st January 2012, 19:01
just been out to have a look at the sensor and it looks like this

http://www.onlinecarparts.co.za/12-25-large/volvo-camshaft-sensor-s40-v40-oem-9143648.jpg

T4Rick
Wednesday 1st February 2012, 19:08
Im pretty certain i have one i will have alook in the parts bin

Dave86
Wednesday 1st February 2012, 20:05
Im pretty certain i have one i will have alook in the parts bin

Cheers mate

T4Rick
Wednesday 1st February 2012, 20:13
I have one mate but my connection is a little smaller mate

Dave86
Wednesday 1st February 2012, 22:35
I have one mate but my connection is a little smaller mate

Any idea if it will work? the picture i posted was just a Google image as it was too dark outside to take a decent one with my phone. Did the one you have come off a T4 as i can only find 2 different types listed the one in the picture i posted and 1 that is just a black plastic one with no wire. If this is the case then ill have it. what are you asking for it?

Dave.

T4Rick
Thursday 2nd February 2012, 09:19
Pmed