PDA

View Full Version : Boost

T4Rick
Sunday 29th January 2012, 20:00
Will my t5r auto ecu limit how much i can run on my manual t5? as no matter what i do its only hitting 0.5 bar.Only thing i can think of now is the ecu or the soggy boost pipes

Dan850r
Sunday 29th January 2012, 20:10
Youve checked all the obvious things?

Is the Boost gauge ok and not reading wrong? Intercooler ok?
Best thing would be to stick a smoke tester on it to find any leaks. I had lots of tiny little ones that are now fixed

merc85
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:17
Split recirc valve,
Weak actuator
Burst Vac line
Bcs Playing up.

The above is what i'd be checking

T4Rick
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:25
Split recirc valve,
Weak actuator
Burst Vac line
Bcs Playing up.

The above is what i'd be checking

Hi Merc ive changed my vac lines to silicone and there fine
Ive tried various actuators and still nothing

Ive not tried a recirc valve yet but how do they split lol

Its not the turbo either im on a 15g and i ran a 16t and it was the same lol

T4Rick
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:27
Youve checked all the obvious things?

Is the Boost gauge ok and not reading wrong? Intercooler ok?
Best thing would be to stick a smoke tester on it to find any leaks. I had lots of tiny little ones that are now fixed

Boost gauge is fine its what i ran on my t4.
Where would i get a smoke bomb from mate im very interested in this and where would i put it?
I would i no if the intercooler is knackered?it idles fine

Dan850r
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:27
If you take the recirc valve of youll see if its split or not.

Dan850r
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:28
Where abouts are you

T4Rick
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:34
Where abouts are you

Manchester

Dan850r
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:46
Ok if you could meet somewhere ive got a smoke tester i can borrow, but first id double check everything, check the recirc valve and actuator. i had an intake leak on the ic to throttle body that it found.

T4Rick
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:53
Ok if you could meet somewhere ive got a smoke tester i can borrow, but first id double check everything, check the recirc valve and actuator. i had an intake leak on the ic to throttle body that it found.

I will have a proper look at weekend

jayeastanglia
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:56
joke shops sell smoke bombs..failing that get a cigar and blow the smoke down a pipe into the brake servo pipe into the manifold(remove the servo pipe from the servo and blow down that end)

Dan850r
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:58
joke shops sell smoke bombs..failing that get a cigar and blow the smoke down a pipe into the brake servo pipe into the manifold(remove the servo pipe from the servo and blow down that end)

Your gonna need a big cigar!

T4Rick
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:02
Your gonna need a big cigar!

Rofl

glock19
Monday 30th January 2012, 01:20
Your BCS/TCV could be wrongly connected. The pipe from the turbo compressor housing is most probably going directly into the wastegate actuator. Looking from the top of the air-box, check the top hose of the BCS/TCV is going to the wastegate, middle hose it to the air intake tract and the bottom hose is coming from the turbo compressor housing.

If you used the phase2 models BCS/TCV, the metal nipple is from the turbo compressor housing, the angled nipple is to the wastegate and the plastic nipple inline with the metal nipple is to the air intake tract.

T4Rick
Monday 30th January 2012, 13:51
I bypassed this before witha mbc and it was the same lol