PDA

View Full Version : Wishbones, is it ok to replace just one?

Quicksilver
Sunday 29th January 2012, 17:50
Ball joints gone on the nearside, offside seems ok, is it ok to replace singularly?

merc85
Sunday 29th January 2012, 17:53
I have done before and never as a problem

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th January 2012, 17:55
If the other one ok just do one,no probs

Jamest5r
Sunday 29th January 2012, 18:00
I would say alway's do both mate the car will never run right if they have uneven wear in the bushes/ball joint's.

merc85
Sunday 29th January 2012, 18:02
If the other one is worn replace it

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th January 2012, 18:22
I would say alway's do both mate the car will never run right if they have uneven wear in the bushes/ball joint's.

Ideally yes,I would well will anyway.Thats if u dont mind spending extra which will give ya a peace of mind aswell as a better ride.

T5frankie
Sunday 29th January 2012, 18:35
if there is no play in the other then yeah it's fine

dalhousie2008
Sunday 29th January 2012, 18:53
I only replaced one at Mot been fine

M-R-P
Sunday 29th January 2012, 19:01
I can see why shocks, bushes, springs, brakes and pads would need to be done in pairs but there can't be much difference between a slightly used balljoint and a new one to make any difference.

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th January 2012, 19:14
I can see why shocks, bushes, springs, brakes and pads would need to be done in pairs but there can't be much difference between a slightly used balljoint and a new one to make any difference.

Its not abou b/joint as much as about bushes also if the other one goes u have to pay for wwheel alighnment twice.Its not a prob to replace one but if u wanna keep it for a while I'd do both tbh.And get a quality ones.

M-R-P
Sunday 29th January 2012, 19:22
Its not abou b/joint as much as about bushes also if the other one goes u have to pay for wwheel alighnment twice.Its not a prob to replace one but if u wanna keep it for a while I'd do both tbh.And get a quality ones.

As i mentioned in my post above, gotta double up on that sort of thing and to save a few quid and get better handling/bush longevity, i'd always go powerflex.

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th January 2012, 19:58
As i mentioned in my post above, gotta double up on that sort of thing and to save a few quid and get better handling/bush longevity, i'd always go powerflex.

I was gonna do mine but noticed a b/joint rubber split a bit so new arms.Its a shame b/joins a not replaceble.

PHIL V70R
Sunday 29th January 2012, 21:13
both....

Quicksilver
Wednesday 8th February 2012, 20:24
Thanks for the replies, things are a bit tight at the moment!!