PDA

View Full Version : Code reader

Jaseb77
Sunday 29th January 2012, 15:37
Anybody know good code reader for a phase 3 model. My s80 has an airbag light, on, seat belt sensor I think. I would like to extinguish it for its mot in April , when new rules come into effect :(

M-R-P
Sunday 29th January 2012, 15:41
From my experience with P2, The srs warning cant be turned off with nearly all generic readers. Dice should do it if you know anybody who has it?

Yosser
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:15
I have a Dice Jase, you can drop in anytime and I'll have a go at reading/clearing the codes.

smithson007
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:28
I have a Dice Jase, you can drop in anytime and I'll have a go at reading/clearing the codes.

Warning light's popped back on that cleared for me last time mate.

Yosser
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:32
Warning light's popped back on that cleared for me last time mate.

Was that the coolant temp sensor? - did you replace it?

If you have an android phone I'd recommend Torque and a bluetooth obd adapter, or if you have a laptop with a serial port I can sort VOL-FCR for you (you'll need a lead too), or if you're passing through Edinburgh I'll clear it again ;)

smithson007
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:36
Was that the coolant temp sensor? - did you replace it?

If you have an android phone I'd recommend Torque and a bluetooth obd adapter, or if you have a laptop with a serial port I can sort VOL-FCR for you (you'll need a lead too), or if you're passing through Edinburgh I'll clear it again ;)

Yes it was the coolant temp sensor. No i never got round to replacing it. Going to do it when i get a chance.
Ill maybe venture up your way at some point.

If my coolant temp sensor is playing up would that give me dodgy readings on the temp guage in the car just it seems to wander up and down a bit at the min?

Yosser
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:45
If my coolant temp sensor is playing up would that give me dodgy readings on the temp guage in the car just it seems to wander up and down a bit at the min?

Yes, that could be it - could be the thermostat though. If it's throwing a code for the sensor then I'd swap that out first.

smithson007
Sunday 29th January 2012, 22:48
Yes, that could be it - could be the thermostat though. If it's throwing a code for the sensor then I'd swap that out first.

Yes ill change the sensor over seen as you were good enough to give me a spare one. Might change thermostat to for the price of them.

Jaseb77
Sunday 29th January 2012, 23:01

Thanks nick, will pm you next time i am over you way.