PDA

View Full Version : Chop spring

T4Rick
Saturday 28th January 2012, 17:48
I took my car in for a pre mot today and my mate has found a snapped spring on the drivers rear at the top would i get away with chopping a coil off each side so its level and right again.Its lowered 40mm on the front and ive done nothing to the rear

daza-b
Saturday 28th January 2012, 17:57
I took my car in for a pre mot today and my mate has found a snapped spring on the drivers rear at the top would i get away with chopping a coil off each side so its level and right again.Its lowered 40mm on the front and ive done nothing to the rear

noooooooooo!!! thats a huge no no in all counts, its illegal and you will fail mot instant! lol also its bloody dangerous lol

T4Rick
Saturday 28th January 2012, 18:03
Scrap yard it is then lol

daza-b
Saturday 28th January 2012, 18:18
Scrap yard it is then lol

lol just for the spring i hope ..... lol

T4Rick
Saturday 28th January 2012, 18:25
Lol no the cars is staying just needs a tyre for the rear,rear subframe bushes and a spring.My mates coments was its a solid car and they dont make them like they used to.He also said they have change the designs on the subframes for the new volvos and there rubbish.

daza-b
Saturday 28th January 2012, 18:28
Lol no the cars is staying just needs a tyre for the rear,rear subframe bushes and a spring.My mates coments was its a solid car and they dont make them like they used to.He also said they have change the designs on the subframes for the new volvos and there rubbish.

lol good ol ovlovs!

jayeastanglia
Saturday 28th January 2012, 19:00
noooooooooo!!! thats a huge no no in all counts, its illegal and you will fail mot instant! lol also its bloody dangerous lol
not quite illegal as long as the spring dont dislocate it will pass..but cut each coil off the same and paint the coil to stop any further corrosion....BUT it will make the car handle a bit bouncy..is the same as heating up coils and lowering it that way..
oh yeah new reg state that a small section broken off any coils is a advisory from march or so the vosa bod was telling us on thursday..

T4Rick
Friday 3rd February 2012, 21:52
The yanks are well into cutting there springs they cut a coil off each side