PDA

View Full Version : s60 trip computer???

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 17:08
ok,anyone tell me how to change my trip computer thingy from litres/kilometres to mpg/miles??
nothin in the handbook and button pushing nob twirling dont seem to be doin much!
have i missed summit or am i just thick:help:

M-R-P
Friday 27th January 2012, 18:40
That's a dealer tweak mate, unless you know someone with dice software?
Sorry bud, at least it all works :) just in French!

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 18:44
That's a dealer tweak mate, unless you know someone with dice software?
Sorry bud, at least it all works :) just in French!

bloody hell!!! why dont it give you the option,its a uk market car...grrrrrrrr
and er...wots dice software????

M-R-P
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:07
Dice (if i spelt it right) is the software they use to activate/deactivate various features on the car as wrll as diagnosis and fault clearing. Not cheap which is why stealers charge 25-50 quid for it.
Perhaps the car has had some work done which upset the dim, maybe even a replacement dim OR the car was used/registered in Europe for a while.

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:14
im only the 3rd owner,the first being volvo!!! there is a bill for 400 odd quid a couple of years back when the battery kept goin flat,says on the sheet a software upgrade to the rear electrical module was carried out........hmmm...interesting!!

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:17
by the way martin,like ur sig!!! how u get that banner??

dtp
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:22
I bought a DiCE in December off eBay. £150 all in, including Vida 2011a the latest software. I have got to get it to work on my computer. It runs on win xp & IE8. I don't have any of these installed. I think I will buy a cheap lap top with xp or research if win 7 pro will run the program. I have only got to use it 3 times to break even. Well worth getting one.

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:23
I bought a DiCE in December off eBay. £150 all in, including Vida 2011a the latest software. I have got to get it to work on my computer. It runs on win xp & IE8. I don't have any of these installed. I think I will buy a cheap lap top with xp or research if win 7 pro will run the program. I have only got to use it 3 times to break even. Well worth getting one.

anywhere near luton?? lol

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:24
this must be something tune-up bods have in their vans......another avenue to explore!!

dtp
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:28
anywhere near luton?? lol

When I get it working it will always be taken to meets to see if I can help anyone out. Might take a month or so.

M-R-P
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:29
there's supposed to be a patch to get it to work on win7, worth a google;)

by the way martin,like ur sig!!! how u get that banner??
Thanks mate, I make my own, with various degrees of success (ask daza-b lol) if you post a few pics of the car, a phrase or something to write on the pic, I'll have a go for ya. Emailing it may be easier? martinrpeachey@hotmail.co.uk
;)

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:33

Thanks mate, I make my own, with various degrees of success (ask daza-b lol) if you post a few pics of the car, a phrase or something to write on the pic, I'll have a go for ya. Emailing it may be easier? martinrpeachey@hotmail.co.uk
;)

thanks martin,ill just get my son to do it!!!!

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:41

;)

with varying degrees of success with computers,you should have it!!!
my son werent about,so no promises!!

M-R-P
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:54
I can probably use one of the pics from your "the ribbing will cease" thread? Got a quote?

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 20:02
ooh.....being renouned the world over for buying non-turbo volvo's,im actually quite stumped!!!!
you any ideas??

M-R-P
Friday 27th January 2012, 20:18
Lol, leave it with me bud. Can you pm me your email and I'll bung a couple over and instructions on how to load it;)

local-looney
Friday 27th January 2012, 20:21
pm sent!!