PDA

View Full Version : New 18" alloys for the p2!

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 14:03
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250945662300?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

New wheels for my blue p2 as attachment. I've bought these to stop me buying a V70R as there are several that I'm watching! The wheels are also cheaper than a full car.

MattM
Friday 27th January 2012, 14:14
Oh those are nice, look just like the oem Nebula. Look forward to seeing pics when they are on. Planning on some new rubber too?

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 14:23
Oh those are nice, look just like the oem Nebula. Look forward to seeing pics when they are on. Planning on some new rubber too?

Thanks!! Yes, I paid £15.00 more than the advert per wheel, to get better tyres as I do quite a lot of miles, and I want to get that diesel turbo torque to the tarmac! Should be on for next weekend hopefully.

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 14:33
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannndd i predict a pothole, i predict a pothole!! mmmm look at that pothole soo lary, my new alloys are warery, and driving through town was quite scary and not very sensible eitherrrr! :hilarious think of the keiser cheifs i predict a riot song ;) lmao

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:00
I thought that you were talking about going to 19's mate?

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:02
i am mate, ill be just as paranoid haha

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:09
I wouldn't dare leave my street with 19's on! Customers in Liverpool would have to be dealt with on the phone only as well, cos I wouldn't be visiting them anymore! Only joking, I love Liverpool and Scousers.

volvo
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:11
lol...

very smart set of wheels Mark, cant wait to see what they will be like on the car. Parking well away from the kerbs now!

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:20
lol...

very smart set of wheels Mark, cant wait to see what they will be like on the car. Parking well away from the kerbs now!

Thanks Qady! I'm going to cover the kerbs outside our house with foam from work! Kerbs, potholes, I'm going to have a nightmare tonight!

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:23
Thanks Qady! I'm going to cover the kerbs outside our house with foam from work! Kerbs, potholes, I'm going to have a nightmare tonight!

lol do what i did, study where every bump, pothole and cracks in the road around where u live, i could tell you exactly where every pothole is in morecambe n lancaster and thats only cos i have my bmw on chrome alloys and coilovers haha i kept well well away from them lol

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:26
lol do what i did, study where every bump, pothole and cracks in the road around where u live, i could tell you exactly where every pothole is in morecambe n lancaster and thats only cos i have my bmw on chrome alloys and coilovers haha i kept well well away from them lol

Shouldn't satnav's be able to pick up potheles now?!

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:30
Shouldn't satnav's be able to pick up potheles now?!

hmmm craters maybe...could be a funny thread to start...gotta try it..

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:47
Right, I've cancelled the 18's and ordered some 16's instead. I cant't cope with the thought of the repair bills! LOL

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:53
Right, I've cancelled the 18's and ordered some 16's instead. I cant't cope with the thought of the repair bills! LOL

seriously??? stick with the 18s mate, 16s will look small lol

volvo
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:55
a friend of mine had an 80mm drop on an BMW E30 , weaving along the road (like he did) avoiding just about every spider he could, got pulled for suspicion of drink driving lol he doesnt even drink!

Sometimes though, through experience you have to just hold tight and drive through them, just cant be avoided, and it DOES hurt, you probably more than the wheel!

Good luck!

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:57
I'm messing mate, although you have got be worried! With the state of the roads, avoiding potholes can be harder than driving itself. Sometimes, to swerve is dangerous as well, so you have no choice but to take the 'plunge'.

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 15:59
I'm messing mate, although you have got be worried! With the state of the roads, avoiding potholes can be harder than driving itself. Sometimes, to swerve is dangerous as well, so you have no choice but to take the 'plunge'.

what size are the tyres? if they are a 40-45 profile i would not really worry too much, its when they are 30-35 is where the fun begins haha

volvo
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:02
are you buying 5? might be a good idea to get 5 from the same batch?

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:05
what size are the tyres? if they are a 40-45 profile i would not really worry too much, its when they are 30-35 is where the fun begins haha

40 mate.

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:06
are you buying 5? might be a good idea to get 5 from the same batch?

Just the 4 Qady. You make a good point though.

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:06
40 mate.

not too bad, i remember having 35s and i could feel everything, even when i run over a snail lol

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:10
not too bad, i remember having 35s and i could feel everything, even when i run over a snail lol

I try to avoid animals even more than potholes, including snails and ants! That reminds me- aren't Volvo introducing a new safety feature to avoid animal collisions?

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:14
I try to avoid animals even more than potholes, including snails and ants! That reminds me- aren't Volvo introducing a new safety feature to avoid animal collisions?

lol all car manufacturers are trying the anti collison thingy, reminds me of a video i saw on here once lol utter fail!

T5frankie
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:15
lovely wheels mate, although personally i feel they suit the lines of the square 850's not the curvier phase 2, should have gone pegs they look awesome on phase 2's imo

T5frankie
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:15

welcome to my word, crash, bang, wallop lol

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:17
lol all car manufacturers are trying the anti collison thingy, reminds me of a video i saw on here once lol utter fail!

I know there's already the city driving/slow speed anti-collision thing, but there was an animal specific one mentioned as well. How small the animals can be though before detection, I don't know.

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 16:18
lol its the teeth crunching together that used to get me haha get out the car feeling 2 ft shorter too lmao

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 18:17
welcome to my word, crash, bang, wallop lol

The 19's do look great though! With my many miles in the p2, I need some comfort, so I hope the 18's are a good compromise between looks and comfort.

smithson007
Friday 27th January 2012, 18:25
Like the wheels mate should have bought a V70R though. LOL

foammanmark
Friday 27th January 2012, 18:40
Like the wheels mate should have bought a V70R though. LOL

Exactly! I was on the verge of bidding on the one in Devon, or the one the Stockport. We've just had insurance problems with Aviva due to having 3 cars, and the info. othe website not being the same as the call centre. If we change cars again now it will just be too complicated, for them!

Buying the wheels means that I now stick with the 2 V70's that I have, and I do really want to finish the T5.

daza-b
Friday 27th January 2012, 19:08
lol orrrrr you could have had the 3 and i could have got ya a traders ;) lol