PDA

View Full Version : Vibration under acceleration

Dirty Busted
Thursday 26th January 2012, 18:53
Can anyone throw any light on this problem please . My V70 T5 has a really nasty Wobble /Vibration coming up through the steering when you accelerate hard between about 50 and 70 mph, once you let your foot off the gas and maintain a constant speed then the vibration goes , I just the wheels all balanced and alls good there . Could this possibly be a drive shaft issue? It’s the only thing that springs to mind but hopefully someone else might be able to throw a few ideas me.
Thanks in advance

local-looney
Thursday 26th January 2012, 18:58
Can anyone throw any light on this problem please . My V70 T5 has a really nasty Wobble /Vibration coming up through the steering when you accelerate hard between about 50 and 70 mph, once you let your foot off the gas and maintain a constant speed then the vibration goes , I just the wheels all balanced and alls good there . Could this possibly be a drive shaft issue? It’s the only thing that springs to mind but hopefully someone else might be able to throw a few ideas me.
Thanks in advance

i had this once a long time ago,on a ford orion if i remember,turned out worn inner cv..changed the shaft,all luvely after........

T5frankie
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:08
sounds like ball joint play

claymore
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:12
Ball joint or wishbone bushes

LeeT5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 22:54
...i may as well continue with the ridiculour replies...
Sounds to me like you got a banana skin wrapped around your drive shaft and too much ice cream on your disc brakes, causing an imbalance at 50 - 70. What?! Sounds feasible to me!!

(Come on guys, sensible answers only please) If you don't actually know, don't just guess. :saythat:

As Shane says, its more than likely your CV if you've just had your wheels balanced. Thou, it may be worth double checking that if the garage used stick on weights, one of them may have fallen off. It does happen.

t5_monkey
Thursday 26th January 2012, 23:53
...i may as well continue with the ridiculour replies...
Sounds to me like you got a banana skin wrapped around your drive shaft and too much ice cream on your disc brakes, causing an imbalance at 50 - 70. What?! Sounds feasible to me!!

(Come on guys, sensible answers only please) If you don't actually know, don't just guess. :saythat:

As Shane says, its more than likely your CV if you've just had your wheels balanced. Thou, it may be worth double checking that if the garage used stick on weights, one of them may have fallen off. It does happen.

You'll be needing this!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bSsneIZmXQA/TE2dq__tknI/AAAAAAAAADU/gi3Ae8YFHgw/s1600/coach-ergo-patent-handbag-pink.jpg

LeeT5
Friday 27th January 2012, 01:10
:uglyhamme