PDA

View Full Version : mileometer stop working

nottsgreent5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 18:14
The other day i hit a pot hole and ever the mileometer and the radio have stopped working everything else works on the speedo apart from this cheaked all the fuses found the radio one had blown put new one in and still nothing wireing for stereo looks gud tried another radio and no chanage has anyone else had this happen?

The Flying Moose
Thursday 26th January 2012, 18:39
I havnt had it happen to the radio.... however on the mileometer I did fill up once and reset the trip and everything stopped counting. The speedo and revs etc still worked however.

I solved it by replacing the clocks for another set and it worked perfectly.

nottsgreent5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 18:47
Hmmm just seems strange they both stopped at same time didnt think they were anything to do with eaabh other mite have to get the multimeter out lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 26th January 2012, 18:53
Yeah Im not certain why your radio stopped working. If it was after a bump then all things would lead towards a loose connector but as you have checked them all I am completely baffled.

nottsgreent5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:01
only checked the easy ones behind the stereo been busy the last few days breaking my old car up so going to have a good look around back of the dash tommorow hopefully

manback
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:17
strange. the odometer usually wears out. if you take the cluster out and dig down to the odometer part, usually a little yellow cog looses a tooth or 2. this stops it spinning.
i think its a mechanical system so isnt linked to the stereo.

nottsgreent5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:38
just had a look under the dash stearing wheel side and there appears to be a big yellow connector hanging down dosent seem to plug into anything all the points where the dash plugs to the bulkhead seem to be fine nothing missing from them sockets so where does this connector go to lol

nottsgreent5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 21:48
another thought is there any issues with putting an aftermarket radio into the 850Rs as i know they have already got secondary amps could this of blown something?