PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem (side lights)

khile
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 17:40
hi all not a major problem but when i got car the yellow button turned side lights on and interior light

went to use it tonight as my drive is pitch black but only interior light came on spoke a a mate who has same volvo as me s60 t5 (petrol) and he said hold lock and unlock together i did that and side lights came on and and went straight out how can i reset it or get it working as i love this feature and find it very useful

thank all

Al115
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 17:43
Volvo calls it "Approach Lighting". Worth some searching maybe.

khile
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 17:50
i've had a quick look on forum and Google but can't see how to reset or re-enable all working fun up till today

thanks for quick reply Al115

LeeT5
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 21:12
Dealer to reset.

Al115
Thursday 26th January 2012, 07:38
Annoying that it can "fail" like this and require a dealer trip!

Any thoughts on why it happens?

khile
Thursday 26th January 2012, 10:40
nope came out of work got in drove straight home and now wont work

is there any software i can get to do it my self as had a s3 before volvo and could use vagcom to change a load of things

thanks

LeeT5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 23:04
nope came out of work got in drove straight home and now wont work

is there any software i can get to do it my self as had a s3 before volvo and could use vagcom to change a load of things

thanks

No. Dealer only. Sounds to me like its inadvertantly turned off the approach lighting. The only way to reset or turn back on is at the Dealer. Should cost more than £20 - £30 inc labour. You could always kill two birds...and get them to note any DTCs that may be stored. They gotta read the codes anyway so get your moneys worth out of them. Make sure they clear ALL the codes too then check em again after two weeks to see what ones come back. Then you know what needs fixing or replacing.