PDA

View Full Version : Ideas (tm)

debug
Tuesday 21st December 2004, 19:13
Hi All,

OK, I am a bit of a gluton for driving long distances for no reason - seriously, I will happily do 400 miles roundtrip for an evening. One day I'll end up with a bent spine but until that happens I'm enjoying every contorting minute, especially with Volvo's fine adjustable seating.

My friend had a Volvo 440 and we did a weekend trip to Gibraltar (left Fri, back Mon). Enjoyed it so much I bought myself a T-5 this last summer and immediatly did a 2 week european tour. With winter depressing me to the max and the 2005 holiday quota approaching at work I am eager for more.

So, a few ideas for future trips / gatherings which I am keen on doing:

- Another Euro-trip, in convoy with other T-5 owners.
I'm not sure where we could end up, but there are a few possibilities:

The Med -> always a winner, sit on the beach, best make sure the aircon is working!
Sweden -> Fantastic country, I have already been to Stockholm a few times and it is indeed amazing.... Surely the cars deserve to return to their motherland at least once??
Anywhere else "close" to Calais -> Weekend-able, dependable and cheap providing we avoid toll roads.

- Central London Rally. How good would it be to get a picture of all our T-5s at night parked on Whitehall or Tower Bridge? Sunday nights are dead and we could take over the City.

- For a long term plan, I have a personal ambition to take/ship the car to the USA. As it is impossible to drive there (unless you fancy ice-scating across the Bering Strait during the 2 months it freezes over), there aren't any EU-plated cars in the US and we'd make quite a show. OrganiZe a meet with a US Volvo club and it'd be party central. Plus you'd get pulled over by US cops all the time going "Are thoze owta-state playtes on that vee-hick-le?" Priceless.

- Meet up with another Volvo owners club in the EU. Possible eastern-europe - cheap and friendly.

- Do some kind of humanitarian thing like a charity drive to the Balcans or Russia to deliver orphanage supplies (what else do you deliver for chairty?) ?!?

In between all of this, we could go to the pub every now and then.

Anyway, just a few ideas :bounce:

debug!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 10:11
Looks like I'm out of a job LOL

I quite like the idea of doing a meet with some EU T5's.......Not sure about the logistics of this tho.......But I would be up for it if we could pull it off.

As for the London rally, I thought about meeting one of the big London cruises (you know the PROPER car cruises with the classics and the muscle cars) and we could incorporate the 2?

x

Murphy
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 10:20
I would love to something like this, but because of the costs involved it would also double up as a family holiday for me to go. This might not be what you had in mind, so see what other people think. I would love a trip to the ring, although a trip to france would be delightful. I love france alot and know lots of lovely places.....

Lets see some responce.......

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 10:31
I actually think its a good idea to incorporate the kids and family. There are a few on here that have to leave family behind on VF events so it would be great to make it more open to families, we may even get a bigger turnout of cars.

x

S40xs
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 12:17
Only family related thing i can think of is day out at Alton Towers!

I think organising a day paintballing would be pretty amusing, tho i can see a few people not enjoying the idea of being peppered with paint.

:tank:

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 13:20
I think organising a day paintballing would be pretty amusing, tho i can see a few people not enjoying the idea of being peppered with paint.

Like me for instance!!! :shifty: It hurts apparently!

x

Murphy
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 15:10
Only family related thing i can think of is day out at Alton Towers!

eh????

What do you mean !

rottertron
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 15:26
Paintball hits = bruises

And lots of bruises if youre not that good or unlucky!!!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 16:01
And I'm unlucky so thats a no!!! LOL

x

Pedro Fandango
Wednesday 22nd December 2004, 16:05
& paintballing is does w*rk out expense with the price of the ammo (although i do always have the machine gun :sinner: )

Andrew
Friday 4th March 2005, 17:54
I'm up for any of the big ones - med - eu - hungarian orphanage would give me the feel good factor :)

siamblue
Friday 4th March 2005, 18:10
The Dutch and the Swedes seem to be into their Volvo's big time,Anyone know any group admins?Or members,As we could all jump on a Ferry and go,
Will be limited to Real men and women that will put less than 98Ron in their cars :sinner: :eek: :eek:If we go further inland than half a tank :shifty:

Mrsmopp
Friday 4th March 2005, 22:55
I personally would like to do a joint meet with the speedyswede forum, but with the impending move and such like I cant put a date on it at this stage. If enough people were interested tho I'd be happy to get it organised?

x

V8guitar
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 00:32
Someone mentioned "the ring".....
I MAY be planning a trip to the Nurbergring for a long weekend sometime in June if anyone is up for it ( I don't know if that's the sort of thing you guys had in mind).

My mate has been a number of times on his bike ( R1 ) so seems to know the deal.

I'll let anyone know details when I have them if anyone is interested...

siamblue
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 12:04
My mate has been a number of times on his bike ( R1 ) so seems to know the deal.

Those were the days :sinner: :worship:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500954_39_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500954_43_full.jpg