PDA

View Full Version : Best induction kit for S60R

stribo
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 18:53
Hi, could anyone recommend a decent induction kit for our S60R, I've looked on Ebay, and K&N's site, but can't seem to find anything.

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 18:54
hi mate
The Elevate AMS, king of induction kits.
www.elevatecars.com

Jamest5r
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:11
Santa could of bought you a Volvo for what they cost :)

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:13

lmao Jim, that is what is on his car!!
I've just informed him that I now know what everything costs and he needs to behave!!! ;)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:15
lmao Jim, that is what is on his car!!
I've just informed him that I now know what everything costs and he needs to behave!!! ;)

I know lol, just don't ask him how much the bits you cant see cost :)

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:17
I know lol, just don't ask him how much the bits you cant see cost :)

i'll just get copies of the bills, I'm sure I could paper a wall with them

stribo
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:18
hi mate
www.elevatecars.com

I assume these can only be bought from the USA.

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:22
I assume these can only be bought from the USA.

Yes I think so! Or so the man himself informs me :)

Jimmie
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 20:35
hi mate
www.elevatecars.com

They might be ok if you are prepared to spend plenty of money getting the car to run properly due to the electronics on these cars..
They wont increase any power just noise,check the internet for problems.

Santa
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 20:40
They might be ok if you are prepared to spend plenty of money getting the car to run properly due to the electronics on these cars..
They wont increase any power just noise,check the internet for problems.

As I always says, you need the map for the hardware.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 21:02
$449 for an air filter!!! I would rather have no filter and risk the engine damage......

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 21:03
hi mate
www.elevatecars.com

Problem with Elevate is the prices.Utterly,utterly ridiculous.
I`ve never bought anything from them and never will.It would be cheaper to buy stuff from Lamborghini.

Steve

Santa
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 21:09
But it looks and sounds great :-)

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 21:14

I`m sure it does.I had a k and n 57i on a 2.5 V6 Mondeo years ago and to this day I`ve never heard a more gorgeous induction roar.
I`m not sure what Elevate charge for one but I bet you could get a banging and popping SS exhaust for less.
Steve

LiamT4
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 21:17
How chuffing much!

and i thought the bmc CDA that i had on my t4, years back, was expensive.

LeeT5
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 21:50

Like everything in life, you get what you pay for!

I've had a BSR induction kit and i sold it three weeks later as i thought it looked cheap, thou it was 183 euros. The AMS system looks like it should of been oe. Its well worth the money.

volvokid
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 22:20
My one, now off the car until i can get it to run properly with it on.... http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/Volvo%20V70R%20Flash%20Green/2011-12-27150802.jpg

M-R-P
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 23:26

Forgetting looks for a minute...
Sound? any big ol' cone filter works on a T5...
http://youtu.be/AiYm9-eV55Y

t5_monkey
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 23:27
filter won't make any difference, but it will sound epic.

Everyone keeps telling me my K&N is slowing my car down, but it just gives me longer to enjoy the noise :)

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 00:32
Hi, could anyone recommend a decent induction kit for our S60R, I've looked on Ebay, and K&N's site, but can't seem to find anything.

I would advise against running an open induction kit on any car really unless you have the relevant heat shield and cold air feed to go with it. The Elevate AMS meets this criteria but it's a bit overkill for your average S60R as it costs a fortune.

I run a K&N replacement cone inside my standard airbox and it seems fine. Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-AIR-FILTER-VOLVO-S60-R-V70-R-2-5-2005-2006-/220379504407?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item334fa45f17

Ignore the 2005-2006 part, it's listed for all P2 models 2.5 between 03 and 07 elsewhere.

If you want to hear a bit more induction throat, then remove the lid from the standard airbox. It'll make it a little louder with lid removed and this K&N in place, although maximum cold air feed will be achieved by leaving the lid in place.

What are you trying to achieve? Power? Noise?

Have you ever noticed on a warm summers day, your car doesn't perform as well as it does on a winter evening? This is due to intake temps and ideally you need them as cool as poss. When my cars running and I open the bonnet it reminds me of being on the beach in Kardamena... these engines get very hot, I would go for the K&N inside your standard box :)

Nathlm
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 01:04

The standard Volvo Airbox has proved to be good for well over 350hp. We stock ITG Profilter that replaces the standard paper filter. The gains in power are small with most filters but there are other advantages like longevity.

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

Oops wrong log in. I will go and sit on the naughty step

p fandango
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 01:36
filter won't make any difference, but it will sound epic.

Everyone keeps telling me my K&N is slowing my car down, but it just gives me longer to enjoy the noise :)
must admit i used to have a K&N 57i & didn't make any difference, changed to a Pipercross & the revs freed up a bit

Leeds_finest
Thursday 26th January 2012, 11:36
If you ebay 's60r' it will return a few results.

Amongst these results, there's replacement filters from K&N, Pipercross and ITG etc.

stribo
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:00
I`m sure it does.I had a k and n 57i on a 2.5 V6 Mondeo years ago and to this day I`ve never heard a more gorgeous induction roar.
I`m not sure what Elevate charge for one but I bet you could get a banging and popping SS exhaust for less.
Steve

I have a Ford Cougar V6 with a K&N 57i induction kit, and you're right, the induction noise is great.
http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/RSCougar/Ford%20Fair2009/010.jpg

That's why I want an induction kit for the Volvo, it's too quiet.:wink:

I would advise against running an open induction kit on any car really unless you have the relevant heat shield and cold air feed to go with it. The Elevate AMS meets this criteria but it's a bit overkill for your average S60R as it costs a fortune.

I run a K&N replacement cone inside my standard airbox and it seems fine. Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-AIR-FILTER-VOLVO-S60-R-V70-R-2-5-2005-2006-/220379504407?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item334fa45f17

Ignore the 2005-2006 part, it's listed for all P2 models 2.5 between 03 and 07 elsewhere.

If you want to hear a bit more induction throat, then remove the lid from the standard airbox. It'll make it a little louder with lid removed and this K&N in place, although maximum cold air feed will be achieved by leaving the lid in place.

What are you trying to achieve? Power? Noise?

Have you ever noticed on a warm summers day, your car doesn't perform as well as it does on a winter evening? This is due to intake temps and ideally you need them as cool as poss. When my cars running and I open the bonnet it reminds me of being on the beach in Kardamena... these engines get very hot, I would go for the K&N inside your standard box :)

Thanks for the info, yeah, I know all about heat soak from the Cougar. A couple of years back I was doing the sprint test at Ford Fair, and had to queue for ages with the engine running in the baking heat, the car was a second slower than the year before (I was still quicker than all the other Cougars though :biggrin: )

I realise I'm not going to get much power from an induction kit, but would like a better sound, also planning a remap later in the year, so would like a freer flowing filter.

rikcougar
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:08
Nice motor Steve, I`ve got one of those too!!

stribo
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:08
Nice motor Steve, I`ve got one of those too!!

Really? have you got a thread on it?

rikcougar
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:55
Hundreds mate, not on here though, UKC.com, are you a member ?

stribo
Thursday 26th January 2012, 19:57
Yeah, get on there occasionally. ;)

LeeT5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 22:46
Er, excuse us! Thread Hijack!! This is NOT a Ford cougar forum and never will be. So please, bugger off (Said politely) :biggrin:

Santa
Friday 27th January 2012, 06:45
Er, excuse us! Thread Hijack!! This is NOT a Ford cougar forum and never will be. So please, bugger off (Said politely) :biggrin:

Ahem. Isn't that my decision?

Actually LeeT5 is right lol :-p

t5_monkey
Friday 27th January 2012, 07:55
I like cougars but not of the Ford Variety :)

stribo
Friday 27th January 2012, 12:38

How can I hijack my own thread? :p

Jamest5r
Friday 27th January 2012, 13:20
How can I hijack my own thread? :p

Quality pmsl :)

stribo
Saturday 28th January 2012, 07:15
Anyway, getting back on topic, thanks for all your info, think I will go the K&N route,as Lerds-finest suggested.

LeeT5
Saturday 28th January 2012, 07:23
Ahem. Isn't that my decision?

Actually LeeT5 is right lol :-p

:hail:

rikcougar
Saturday 28th January 2012, 20:28
Anyway, getting back on topic, thanks for all your info, think I will go the K&N route,as Lerds-finest suggested.

Let me know what you think when you have fitted it Steve, tim15888 is selling a little used complete kit for an ME7 maf, not sure which engine is in yours though