PDA

View Full Version : T34 turbo

T4Rick
Monday 23rd January 2012, 22:26
A t34 turbo has crossed my path for a good price and has done 5000 miles from new i know its genuine miles as well it come of my friends mates cozzy that he wrote off on a dual carriage way or sumat lol.What sort of power are the t34 turbos good for and does boost come in later with the garret?

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 00:24
Its the housing size that limits max power but they are good reliable turbos. Spool well on a 2.0 cossie so no probs on t5. Approx figures 0.63 housing good for 380bhp, 0.55 housing 350 and 0.48 housing 325. I considered one for my t4, may still go for one eventually. The prob is fitting them behind the engine as theres not much room on the t5. A 0.48 will have quicker spool but will sacrifice top end power over 0.63.

T4Rick
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 09:17
Hi mate i dont no what housing is on it lol i will find out

endo-t5
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 10:14
I was looking at one of these the other day as mate got one of his dads cossie and fitting it to his rs turbo so waiting for him to get fed up of the lag and sell it to me. Lol
Knowing him though he'll prob fit it to his zetec powered fiesta that he's building.

smithy
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 13:00
i had a t35 hybrid on my v70 very nice turbo and this is the same turbo that is fitted to jamest5r 850 also mongo is fitting one on his 850 too.

bigrotch
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 14:18
Sounds like its a good find tO me mate

T4Rick
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 15:57
T34 it is then lol its got all the oil and water lines with it as well.Should be a nice set up lol.Can you get the car mapped so it moves boost alittle further up to less the risk of bending rods?or with the lag there it shouldnt matter much should it?

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:09
They do come up on passionford quite often. I've found going rate is 280 - 500. If you do an eBay search type in T35 as well as these are very similar and people also get them mixed up.

bigrotch
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:29
T34 it is then lol its got all the oil and water lines with it as well.Should be a nice set up lol.Can you get the car mapped so it moves boost alittle further up to less the risk of bending rods?or with the lag there it shouldnt matter much should it?

you can get the custom map etc dont run the mbc run the bcs....its better to prevent spikeing etc.....ive just put bcs back on today as im not running kkk with my unos coz that will bend it pretty quick, as its going on very soon ;)

smithy
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:35
They do come up on passionford quite often. I've found going rate is 280 - 500. If you do an eBay search type in T35 as well as these are very similar and people also get them mixed up.
a t35 and t36 is hybrid version of the t34normally using larger internals and compressor wheels but as said before check the size of the exhaust housing and u will be pushing it with standard rods

T5frankie
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:40
you can get the custom map etc dont run the mbc run the bcs....its better to prevent spikeing etc.....ive just put bcs back on today as im not running kkk with my unos coz that will bend it pretty quick, as its going on very soon ;)

my forge unos stopped boost spikes

bigrotch
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:47
my forge unos stopped boost spikes

must admit my unos is good but if you give it the beans it dose go past your set psi quite abit but dose settle back down, but i think it will be safer for the car with the bcs as it controls it better....but as you know its all personal prefrance im playing safe at the mo ;)

T5frankie
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:54
i was getting 22psi boost spikes before fitting the unos, never had one since,

Jamest5r
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 17:39

Im getting mine customed map next month, might sell you a copy :)

Alan M
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:49
How much Rick? James you need to come get those parts aswell I'll have them in Yardley if easier in a couple of weeks?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 19:56
How much Rick? James you need to come get those parts aswell I'll have them in Yardley if easier in a couple of weeks?

Bloody hell forgot about them lol, i must of bought them over 6mths ago, been busy lol, ill take a drive over to you mate give me a bell as my last phone got chomped by one of my dogs and lost all numbers.

T4Rick
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 22:15
I asked my mate and its a 63 housing what ever that stands for lol

T4Rick
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 22:16

Carnt really say mate its through a friend of a friend

T4Rick
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 22:18
Im getting mine customed map next month, might sell you a copy :)

How can you sell a copy lol

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 00:00
I asked my mate and its a 63 housing what ever that stands for lol

Hi mate, ill ty to explain how i understand the housing sizing size with regards to spool and power. Basically, the smaller housing is more restrictive but takes less exhaust gas to spool the turbo hence quicker spool. The extra restriction is what ultimately chokes the max power over the 0.63. The 0.63 will take longer to spool but as there is less restriction to flow through the turbine you get more top end power. I think you will like the T34 with 0.63. 2.3 litres is definitely enough displacement to see good spool up.

Jamest5r
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 10:10
How can you sell a copy lol

Because the file will be on computer and can then be copied to any ecu :)

T4Rick
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 16:58
Because the file will be on computer and can then be copied to any ecu :)

Would you be interested in half a mars bar,a used tea bag and a used pair of socks for a copy of the ecu lol.Let me no how the map goes on.Does it take long for your t35 to spool up?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 18:05
Would you be interested in half a mars bar,a used tea bag and a used pair of socks for a copy of the ecu lol.Let me no how the map goes on.Does it take long for your t35 to spool up?

Deal lol, yeah spoils very quickly still running in but a gentle squeeze of the load pedal in 4th shows 8psi @ 2500rpm

T4Rick
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 18:30
Deal lol, yeah spoils very quickly still running in but a gentle squeeze of the load pedal in 4th shows 8psi @ 2500rpm

Its sounds like a monster lol