PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Wear - V70 R

Pauld
Monday 23rd January 2012, 18:49
Hi

What sort of tyre wear should I expect on the front tyres.

I have just had them replaced and both tyres were very worn on the inside edge and not on the outside.

The depth went from 0mm to 3mm on the outside.

I have looked through the receipts I got with the car and it looks as if this is normal.

Can anyone advise either way.

And it is booked to be tracked, using a Hunter machine later in the week.

T5frankie
Monday 23rd January 2012, 18:57
1000 miles for me lol

M-R-P
Monday 23rd January 2012, 19:14
Sounds Like wishbone bushes are going soft. Polybushing worked for me :)

LiamT4
Monday 23rd January 2012, 20:09
Due to the nature of these cars, soft suspension, etc, you'll find the outside will wear pretty quick. More so if its on old springs, wishbones and the rest.

New parts could help and so would fitting uprated suspension, polybushes (as martin has said), etc.

LeeT5
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 01:09
Due to the nature of these cars, soft suspension, etc, you'll find the outside will wear pretty quick. More so if its on old springs, wishbones and the rest.

New parts could help and so would fitting uprated suspension, polybushes (as martin has said), etc.

That's the whole point of 4 wheel alighnment. If you have your wheel alighnment checked and adjusted once a year then it compensates for the slow degrading and wearing of parts including bushes etc. If the bushes look past it or there is too much movement then change them but don't just start chucking money at the car and replacing everything under the sun just because your tyres are wearing unevenly. Your bushes would have to be excessively worn or even to the point of failing an MOT to knock your tyres out that badly. The first thing to check is your tyre pressures are correct and then your wheel alighnment.
Don't get it done at The local garage or Kwik fit as they don't have proper 4 wheel alighnment machines. Complete waste of money. Go to a proper alighnment center where you will expect to pay anything from £50 - £250 depending on what needs adjusting....inc your Subframe!