PDA

View Full Version : Blacky 855 t5 Update

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:02
Well, Clutch is Bed in now, New intake/Throttle body and injectors Fitted.

Test Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBPE_nkNwfU

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:03
Thats Dam Strong Pull mate from a 15g!

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:05
not bad mate can here it spin lol will be good to see diff once kkk+mani+dp+fp is on

jayeastanglia
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:14
what gear was that in?

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:15
60 - 100 Looks like 7 sec's to me. Thats quick mate

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:16
not bad for a lil 15g 3rd then to 4th at 85-90

volvo
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:18
thats very good for a 15G, i think one they get to the top end they run out of puff....but they are a good little unit!!

The Flying Moose
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:23
Its certainly a healthy 15G pulling like that...

Makes you realise how much a bit of "old school tuning" helps.

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:26
Its certainly a healthy 15G pulling like that...

Makes you realise how much a bit of "old school tuning" helps.

I reckon wiv Your High pressure pump fitted tomo it will be ever stronger up top mate.

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:30
I reckon wiv Your High pressure pump fitted tomo it will be ever stronger up top mate.

yeah hope so fella just rememberd still got its cat ..not for long lol

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:31
yeah hope so fella just rememberd still got its cat ..not for long lol

Told you it was a fit motor mate

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:34
Told you it was a fit motor mate

yep u certainly did dude lol see how it holds with the kkk on it oooopppps

volvo
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:35
the fuel pump does make a big difference Gav, my standard one could not cope when the build was finished and was changed for a new walbro...lovely now!

The Flying Moose
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:43
yep u certainly did dude lol see how it holds with the kkk on it oooopppps

Not for long! ;)

Are you planning on doing the rods in the future? If your careful and the car is custom mapped with a progressive boost curve you shouldnt have any issues. Rnash ran one and didnt bend a rod although I dont think he was running heavy boost either.

the fuel pump does make a big difference Gav, my standard one could not cope when the build was finished and was changed for a new walbro...lovely now!

I think it depends on the condition of your pump, the standard Volvo unit should be good for 400hp but on a 15 year old car assuming its never been changed it will be tired so you will definately see a difference with a Walbro.

Id like to see someone run a new volvo pump then a walbro and see if a on sub 350hp car there is any major difference.

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:48
Not for long! ;)

Are you planning on doing the rods in the future? If your careful and the car is custom mapped with a progressive boost curve you shouldnt have any issues. Rnash ran one and didnt bend a rod although I dont think he was running heavy boost either.

I think it depends on the condition of your pump, the standard Volvo unit should be good for 400hp but on a 15 year old car assuming its never been changed it will be tired so you will definately see a difference with a Walbro.

Id like to see someone run a new volvo pump then a walbro and see if a on sub 350hp car there is any major difference.

no intension of doing rods but i will be getting a custom map or turbo tuner in the near future.... and im defo putting the bcs back on not even gunnu think about the unos with it.that will do a rod for sure

M-R-P
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:57
Looking pretty sweet mate, out of interest, 3rd to 4th at 90 - did 3rd run out of puff or was there some left?
Nice to see you making the most of that private road ;)

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:57
Not for long! ;)

Bosch / Volvo Pump 0580314067 run at 120 LP/h unlike a Walbro 255 LP/h

They Do make a difference belive me.

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/BOSCH_Fuel_Pump_WEB.pdf

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:59
Looking pretty sweet mate, out of interest, 3rd to 4th at 90 - did 3rd run out of puff or was there some left?
Nice to see you making the most of that private road ;)

The land owner uses it for his light aircraft, and lets like wise us test on it.

The Flying Moose
Saturday 21st January 2012, 18:00
Bosch / Volvo Pump 0580314067 run at 120 LP/h unlike a Walbro 255 LP/h

They Do make a difference belive me.

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/BOSCH_Fuel_Pump_WEB.pdf

Indeed they run at a higher rate but is the higher rate neccessary for many of these cars? With the higher rate of flow surely the injection mapping will be miles out?

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 18:00
yeah 90 is about the 15gs max mate will be good to compare the kkk to this but wont get it true pottental till its custom map oh and when i can book the private road again ...

mitchyboy01
Saturday 21st January 2012, 18:01
thats very good for a 15G, i think one they get to the top end they run out of puff....but they are a good little unit!!

My 850 with a 15g was loads nicer to drive than my mates with a 19t. Both were custom mapped and there was 30bhp between them, although you'd never tell as there was nowt between them on the road. I think the 15G is underrated on here.

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 18:04
My 850 with a 15g was loads nicer to drive than my mates with a 19t. Both were custom mapped and there was 30bhp between them, although you'd never tell as there was nowt between them on the road. I think the 15G is underrated on here.

i must admit im quite impressed with this one mate for such a small turbo , my burgundy 15g wasnt near this one

M-R-P
Saturday 21st January 2012, 18:04
LK box mate, won't have to worry about that pesky gear change slowing you down till 115-120 ree hee

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 18:05
Indeed they run at a higher rate but is the higher rate neccessary for many of these cars? With the higher rate of flow surely the injection mapping will be miles out?

I dont think so, The reg is always gonna provide 3 Bar, But if the Bosch pump cant get the fuel there quicker enough cus of the extra psi the Walbro makes sure there is always the supply ready without pause.

My Car used to run out of puff at 5 -5.5 k with the standard pump, As soon as i fitted the Walbro it was clear the power was still presant beyond this rpm.

I'd rather run to rich than to lean, But yes the map will be out if it's not acounted for id have thought?? dunno need the imput of a pro mapper lol

T5frankie
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:09
about 8 secs mate not a bad start lol

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:15

not bad for a lil old 15g can hear spin up aswell its funny kkk very soon mr frankie never know we might see up hlm ;0)

60 -100 looks more like 7.1/2 to me but not fussed it will a good comparison for kkk, its only about 1/2sec behind yr 19t int it frankie lol

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:17

60 at 3 sec's into recording, recording is 10 sec's long Clearly shows 100,

I make 3 + 7, 10 seconds lol

although it was a run up i give you that. pmsl (1st excuse for you rotch)

T5frankie
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:19
not bad for a lil old 15g can hear spin up aswell its funny kkk very soon mr frankie never know we might see up hlm ;0)

you and merc should come to hlm mate, see me embarrass myself lol

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:22
frankie are you getting custom map up there

merc85
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:24
May do, Will see. my 3rd Gear aint looking to Great, and i think my Rear main has sprung a leak to lol Deep joy.

T5frankie
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:25
frankie are you getting custom map up there

my car has a custom map mate

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:25
May do, Will see. my 3rd Gear aint looking to Great, and i think my Rear main has sprung a leak to lol Deep joy.

2 jobs at once mate main seal and box sat if ya want

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:26
my car has a custom map mate

off the shelf hlm or done on rr

T5frankie
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:27
off the shelf hlm or done on rr

neither its a rica

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:30
neither its a rica

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh RICA pims away old boy lol so u happy with under 300 or u goin to get it tweaked

T5frankie
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:32
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh RICA pims away old boy lol so u happy with under 300 or u goin to get it tweaked

that was before the new map mate, that was on a standard ecu

bigrotch
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:34
that was before the new map mate, that was on a standard ecu

so what ya recon u pulling now (easy keep it clean )lol

T5frankie
Saturday 21st January 2012, 20:39
so what ya recon u pulling now (easy keep it clean )lol

? we shall see mate 298bhp was at 18 psi standard ecu so wouldnt be that much more if any we shall see soon enoughj:wink:

AndysR
Sunday 22nd January 2012, 12:00
Good to see it's back on the road again Rotch, bet it's nice to know all the engine's power can be found at the wheels being wasted than at the clutch being wasted... lol

Merc.. bad news chap :(