PDA

View Full Version : Front fogs for the p1 V70.

foammanmark
Friday 20th January 2012, 17:51
Just got a pair for the T5, and I presume that I can fit them without removing the bumper please? Anything I need to be careful of please whilst changing these?

merc85
Friday 20th January 2012, 18:02
Just got a pair for the T5, and I presume that I can fit them without removing the bumper please? Anything I need to be careful of please whilst changing these?

The Bulbs or Light units? the Light unit itself, is attached to the Car, and Not the Bumper.

Bulb fitting pritty straight forward, think you have twist/unscrew/turm the back of the light/holder.

On a 850 anyway

foammanmark
Friday 20th January 2012, 18:05
The Bulbs or Light units? the Light unit itself, is attached to the Car, and Not the Bumper.

Bulb fitting pritty straight forward, think you have twist/unscrew/turm the back of the light/holder.

On a 850 anyway

It's the whole units that I'm fitting please, and as I've just posted on Frankie's bulb thread, the bulbs in these are H1's.

merc85
Friday 20th January 2012, 18:13
It's the whole units that I'm fitting please, and as I've just posted on Frankie's bulb thread, the bulbs in these are H1's.

It is indeed a H1 LLB448, sorry for the confussion.

hope this helps looks like the bracket attaches to the car.

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=233766&ukey_make=865&ukey_model=12011&modelYear=1998&ukey_category=7858&ukey_driveLine=457&ukey_TrimLevel=11155&ukey_modelRange=0&searchString=

volvo
Friday 20th January 2012, 18:16
Hi Mark

they are very straight forward to fit/remove mate. jack the front of the car up, have a look under each fog where they are fitted to your car and you will see the nuts/bolts etc to where the brackets are mounted. Disconnect the plug/s, remove the brackets from where they mount the car and hey presto!

Cheers

foammanmark
Friday 20th January 2012, 18:20
Hi Mark

they are very straight forward to fit/remove mate. jack the front of the car up, have a look under each fog where they are fitted to your car and you will see the nuts/bolts etc to where the brackets are mounted. Disconnect the plug/s, remove the brackets from where they mount the car and hey presto!

Cheers

Fantastic! Bought a trolley jack this week off a work mate, so good excuse to try it. I've had a couple of scary moments with the scissor jacks recently, so that's why I bought it!