PDA

View Full Version : single din stereo pocket

deerworrier
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 23:49
i'm fitting a new stereo on saturday, getting rid of the old 2din and fitting a clarion arx single din, does anyone know a good place to get a pocket for the space under the new stereo, i've looked on ebay and halfrauds both have dodgy looking generics that are bound to look wrong and i cant find any from volvo. anyone know a part no. or place to buy?

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 00:05
I think Volvo do have them may need to spend a bit more time in the parts department.....I've got one, but I don't like the Volvo one much as it's covered in fluffy stuff that gets worse with age...

If you hold on a bit someone will be able to look it up for you and gat you a part number....

splatt
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 09:31
I bought one from an independant car audio shop...its a bit plasticy (?) but better than a hole in the dash..
£7 is all I paid....reminds me, must get round to fitting it!!

vt5
Thursday 25th August 2005, 22:19
The halfords one looks ok fitted, i had one.

splatt
Thursday 25th August 2005, 23:00
Fitted mine yesterday in fact....this thread gave me inspiration....pissing down with rain......
finished it off today (tidy up)....nice....
Thinking....should I sel the old unit and changer ??

M44K TS
Thursday 25th August 2005, 23:38
sell the unit and changer seperatley, i paid £60 for a changer for mine from ebay

on the subject of din sized pockets, i noticed on ebay a while back that you can get a pair of cup holders that fit into the din hole

S40xs
Friday 26th August 2005, 09:24
I have an Halfords spacer, paid 20quid looks awful and doesn't fit properly- i brake hard and it slides out.
Some one once said spacers were about 7 from the dealer's.

MattB
Thursday 1st September 2005, 20:03
I have an Halfords spacer, paid 20quid looks awful and doesn't fit properly- i brake hard and it slides out.
Some one once said spacers were about 7 from the dealer's.

I had one of these and had the same problems too. In the end, I managed to get hold of a spacer from an 850 at the breakers. Looks much better!!!

mraldonnelly
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 23:27
I have an autoleads pocket that holds 3 cd's. It's black but my centre console is grey so doesn't quite look right.

I've started using it to holg my fags now though because I got pissed off with the CD's flying out everytime I raced someone away from the lights!

Get a blanking plate and fit some guages instead of a pocket. Dash mounted pockets are useless in a car with the power of a T5.

Regards

Andy

lil_me
Thursday 8th September 2005, 23:48
The autoleads/halfords ones don't fit very well

Was told Volo do one that holds CD's but was told they are about £15