PDA

View Full Version : ECU questions....

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 14:38
Hiya guys, im taking the engine from the t5 im breaking and keeping it for my project.... couple of questions, the ecu...now the car is an auto and im going to be changing to manual...will this be a problem?..also with keeping the ecu what other things will i need to keep (like the keys etc etc) thanks in advance

claymore
Friday 20th January 2012, 15:00
Auto ECU will work fine in a manual

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 15:22
Auto ECU will work fine in a manual

nice one, what things will i need to keep like the key transponder etc etc??

Jamest5r
Friday 20th January 2012, 16:06
Lots of little bits mate, pedal box, master/slave cylinder etc, if you search on box for user dooby he did a great how to can't do the link as on my phone.

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 16:08
Lots of little bits mate, pedal box, master/slave cylinder etc, if you search on box for user dooby he did a great how to can't do the link as on my phone.

haha thanks i know that bit...its the bits with the ecu i was on about... are they plug and play or are they coded to the car?

Jamest5r
Friday 20th January 2012, 16:12
haha thanks i know that bit...its the bits with the ecu i was on about... are they plug and play or are they coded to the car?

Sorry are you putting a t5 block into a non turboed car

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 16:16
Sorry are you putting a t5 block into a non turboed car

yea mate...

Jamest5r
Friday 20th January 2012, 16:31
Talk to Rick850 he's just done something similar and you will need the engine loom

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 19:20
Talk to Rick850 he's just done something similar and you will need the engine loom

yea i have got everything apart from the manual bits, got the subframe, engine, mounts ecu etc etc :D

mzafeer76
Saturday 21st January 2012, 17:57
Hi, this will help

T4Rick
Sunday 22nd January 2012, 10:30

The whole conversion is dead easy mate trust me

T4Rick
Sunday 22nd January 2012, 10:35
You can use the auto shafts,you need manual gearbox,clutch pedal brackets,gear selector,clutch cylinder that sits next to the servo,engine bay loom change the rad because the cooler is on the wrong side and pipe work and a t5 maf,airbox t5 lambda,all little fiddlly bits.Took me a few weekends and i was messing about i used 2 bricks a rubbish halfords jack at 2 axle stands and alot of strength to move the engine and box about on the subframe.