PDA

View Full Version : fitting a dump valve

bondys't5
Friday 20th January 2012, 11:14
can anyone help i want to fit my forge dump valve but been told i gotta take the turbo off and remove something from it then refit the turbo to make the dump valve work is this true

t5 pete
Friday 20th January 2012, 11:22
Hello who ever has given you that info is very incorrect and shouldnt be giving you that info if they dont know what to do there is deffinatly no need to remove the turbo what so ever.
Right to start off make sure you have every thing like silicone joints/hoses also you will require a forge blanking plate for the recirc valve that is fitted on your turbo as you need to remove this and fit the blanking plate.
Then fit the dump valve as close to your throttle body as you can, the hose coming off the dump valve will go to the nipple on the inlet manifold its the one the old recirc valve you have just blanked off used to go to.

jayeastanglia
Friday 20th January 2012, 13:39
was thining this myself the other day as the recirc valve looks a bit tight to get at as a metal hose runs close by 1 of the bolts...

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th January 2012, 13:43
What car you got & what year?

bondys't5
Friday 20th January 2012, 13:55
1998 s70t5 mate think i will have to find someone to fit it for me i can see two bolts for the recirc valve but not the third i agree it looks really tight to work on it myself need someone with experience of fitting these

Jamest5r
Friday 20th January 2012, 14:00
1998 s70t5 mate think i will have to find someone to fit it for me i can see two bolts for the recirc valve but not the third i agree it looks really tight to work on it myself need someone with experience of fitting these

10mm ratchet spanner mate not to bad a job.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th January 2012, 15:57
Good call - I have a full set & wonder now how I ever managed without them.

stribo
Friday 20th January 2012, 17:31
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was thinking of fitting one to the S60R, one is this easy, and secondly is there one anyone can recommend?

p fandango
Friday 20th January 2012, 18:04
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was thinking of fitting one to the S60R, one is this easy, and secondly is there one anyone can recommend?
ME7, it won't a like it

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th January 2012, 20:29
ME9 will like it even less. If you want more induction noise then fit a cone - Santa has a lovely one.

stribo
Saturday 21st January 2012, 06:58
ME9 will like it even less. If you want more induction noise then fit a cone - Santa has a lovely one.

It's not for noise, I'm not a chav in an Impreza lol, it's to stop the turbo stalling when changing gear. I would like some more induction roar though, is Santa's cone filter specifically for the S60R, or just a generic one?

bondys't5
Saturday 21st January 2012, 13:24
thanks for all your advice guys think i will have a go myself and see if it works cheers

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 21st January 2012, 22:39
It's not for noise, I'm not a chav in an Impreza lol, it's to stop the turbo stalling when changing gear. I would like some more induction roar though, is Santa's cone filter specifically for the S60R, or just a generic one?
in that case you already have a recirc valve. Stalling is unlikely.