PDA

View Full Version : Door removal electrical connection won't budge ?

mas
Friday 20th January 2012, 10:25
Lo all, Im taking the T5 door off for the usual reason but the electrical connection wont bubde so clearly im doing it wrong and i dont want to break it.

I have removed the tiny little torque bolt in it , does it literally just pull off , no twist or anything silly ?

Thought id ask before putting adirty great screwdrive in there and convincing it to shift :P

Mas

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 10:38
its a twist connection, and its a dam site easier while the door is away from its fixings, twist it anti clockwise too ;)

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 10:40
also other thing i do is persuade it with a screwdriver on the little noggins too :)

I want a T5
Friday 20th January 2012, 10:54
Sorry to hijack the thread......is it easy to take a front door off? I am thinking of doing this to ease the process of feeding new speaker cables in to the door from the interior as part of the audio upgrade.

Does the door hang back on easily enough and line up ok?

I guess its a 2 man job too as it looks like a weighty piece of kit!

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 10:58
Sorry to hijack the thread......is it easy to take a front door off? I am thinking of doing this to ease the process of feeding new speaker cables in to the door from the interior as part of the audio upgrade.

Does the door hang back on easily enough and line up ok?

I guess its a 2 man job too as it looks like a weighty piece of kit!

its not too bad, took me about an hr to change, and yes i would highly advise on it being a 2 man job :)

Mrsmastiffs
Friday 20th January 2012, 14:19
Oh well, thats Mas stuffed cos he's only got me to help :rolleyes2

foammanmark
Friday 20th January 2012, 14:42
its not too bad, took me about an hr to change, and yes i would highly advise on it being a 2 man job :)

Sorry Dazab, but it makes it easier if you don't lock the keys in the car as well. Mate, I had to mention that, but you rescued the situation!! I don't think Nathan thought we were going to get into it.

daza-b
Friday 20th January 2012, 14:45
Sorry Dazab, but it makes it easier if you don't lock the keys in the car as well. Mate, I had to mention that, but you rescued the situation!! I don't think Nathan thought we were going to get into it.

haha i was hoping that never got mentioned again :rotfl: that was the 1st time i had done that in 10 years, and dont help when SOMEONE leaves the spare key in the car too!!! :rotfl:

mas
Friday 20th January 2012, 20:26
Cheers i googled like mad and all i could find was a suggestion that it just pulled off !

Mas