PDA

View Full Version : s60 lowering springs

cragmaz
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 11:08
has anyone ever lowered their s6o?
gunna do mine, and was planning to use eibach springs, as i have had them before and liked them, but there are loads of makes out there, and a lot cheaper too, but not sure of the quality of such makes as cobra or fk etc etc, so, has anyone done theirs, and what make and price, and what are the results.
i just want to stiffen up the handling a bit, and for it to look more aggressive, as its too high now.
thanks in advance.

craig

LeeT5
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 01:00
Not got an S60 but I used Eibach's to lower my V70R. Awesome result especially coupled with wheel spacers! They make such a difference. 12mm front and 15mm rear.

MattM
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 11:28
Thought you needed new shocks to lower?

wegal
Tuesday 24th January 2012, 13:11
You dont have to put new shocks on, but you may as well as you have to take the old ones off to change springs anyway, as its a bit of a pain in the arse ( spring compressors etc ) getting the old shocks out to reuse them. May as well do the job right first time round.

TomS60
Thursday 9th February 2012, 06:36
When I lowered my old S60, I used the Eibach Pro-Kit and Koni FSD's. Stance improved dramatically, cornering was better, only issue I had was as it was lowered, the already barge like turning circle became even worse due to rubbing on the inside of the wheel arch.
Would I recommend it (If you're not looking for the same soft ride) Absolutely!! Looks the business when it's done!!
Good luck!

fassi1
Friday 24th February 2012, 19:22
Considering to improve cornering by fitting stiffer springs.
Dont want to lower the car that much as my left front tyre is rubbing on the inside of the wheel arch sometimes when i do max right turn and i dont know why because everything is standard.
Thinking about springs from S60R. Will they fit my FWD and will they improve cornering?

p fandango
Friday 24th February 2012, 19:28
Thinking about springs from S60R. Will they fit my FWD and will they improve cornering?
i'd of thought the S60R springs are quite soft & rely on the 4C shocks to stiffen & adjust the ride as needed

fassi1
Friday 24th February 2012, 19:55
i'd of thought the S60R springs are quite soft & rely on the 4C shocks to stiffen & adjust the ride as needed
Ofcourse, forgot about it.
I may just sell mine and buy S60R then, i'd love to have one.