Monday 16th January 2012, 20:14
Hi folks, just bougt this on Saturday.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/shuviteer/007.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/shuviteer/010.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/shuviteer/006.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/shuviteer/008.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/shuviteer/009.jpg

It's a 2435cc turbo awd.
What I would like to know is.......is this a T5 or not ?? Apparently its 193bhp, I would like to get up to the 260 mark or abit above, so what is the best/cheapest/most reliable way of achieving this ?? Thanks Steve.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:20
Nice looking car - very tidy. My recommendation to see north of 260 would be to
Sell it & buy a T5 there are plenty to choose from - :welcome:

Only other way would be to drop S60 rods & pistons inside & put a bigger turbo on it. However that is quite a convoluted & expensive route.

Enjoy the ride.

T5R+
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:24
Welcome.

What do the scaffold poles do :eye-poppi

T5frankie
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:49
No its not a T5 mate sorry, they are a 2319cc engine and no t5 is awd

rikcougar
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:11
Welcome mate, nicce looking motor

Jim S70R
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:26
Looks like you've made a good start into the Volvo world, I like the twin exit exhaust.

M-R-P
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:27
Mmmmmm, twin pipes :) there's a few things you could do to give it a bit more grunt. Boost controller will give it a bit of extra poke for very little cash - 20 to 30 quid. Remap will make it much more pokie but you're talking hundreds, then turbo, rods, how deep are your pockets lol. Then theres the awd system which could suffer due to the extra power.
Car looks tidy, the brown stain on the passenger seat is normal if you had a T5 lol ;)

claymore
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:31
swap the 13g turbo for a 15g

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th January 2012, 21:59
just so you can see - 'ere' is one on the same engine that is currently being sold.

230 is achievable. 260 is gonna be a bit tougher...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40013

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:13
Nice looking car, like the colour and the exhausts, althought sporting tailpipes on the larger side, work well how do they sound?

Oh and welcome to the fold :)

Dangerous Dave
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:21
Welcome to the AWD club!!!

Tuning wise, 16T turbo (bolts straight in), bigger injectors, air filter, catback exhaust (seems as though thats covered) an a remap should take it up to around 280bhp.

Be careful though as the AWD system is a weak point, and can be costly if things go wrong. Make sure that all 4 tyres are wearing the same amount and swap the front wheels to the back every so often to keep the wear even. Uneven wear will put extra strain on the AWD components.

Other than that, enjoy!! Especially in the snow!! I love mine to bits (literally, headgasket needs doing now :( )

abdul
Monday 16th January 2012, 23:17
Nice motor

zoidberg
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 09:28
Welcome to the AWD club!!!

Tuning wise, 16T turbo (bolts straight in), bigger injectors, air filter, catback exhaust (seems as though thats covered) an a remap should take it up to around 280bhp.

Be careful though as the AWD system is a weak point, and can be costly if things go wrong. Make sure that all 4 tyres are wearing the same amount and swap the front wheels to the back every so often to keep the wear even. Uneven wear will put extra strain on the AWD components.

Other than that, enjoy!! Especially in the snow!! I love mine to bits (literally, headgasket needs doing now :( )

Cheers,after 4 days of ownership I was thinking of maybe selling and getting another model, but this post has got my sensible head back om again.:)
However.............I do change my cars more often than my socks so might have changed my mind again by Friday !!!! :o
ps, to those that asked, the exhaust is not overly load and those 'things' welded to the box give it a nice burble on tickover with just the right amount of sound when foot is to the floor

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 09:57
Interesting, very interesting.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 19:39
ps, to those that asked, the exhaust is not overly load and those 'things' welded to the box give it a nice burble on tickover with just the right amount of sound when foot is to the floor
Possibly like mine then. I just cut a hole in the left hand box and added a 3" tailpipe. The pic shows it before I got some stainless slash cut tips for it
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/volvopics/after.jpg

zoidberg
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 08:18
Problem raised it's ugly head already !!
Last night I found I couldn't lock the car with the remote.Now its not in the best of condition so thought it might be the battery, so just left it as it was dark and cold. This morning ,got into it and pressed down on the door lock pin thing (whatever its called !), and nothing happened to the other pins. So looks like its pointing towards a fuse or relay.
So question is........where would either be hiding as I need this sorting quickly as around here the car is quite likely to go missing as you are getting out of the drivers seat LoL.
Incidentally is there supposed to be a seperate key for the doors as the ignition one didnt lock the doors last night !!???

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 10:23
Problem raised it's ugly head already !!
Last night I found I couldn't lock the car with the remote.Now its not in the best of condition so thought it might be the battery, so just left it as it was dark and cold. This morning ,got into it and pressed down on the door lock pin thing (whatever its called !), and nothing happened to the other pins. So looks like its pointing towards a fuse or relay.
So question is........where would either be hiding as I need this sorting quickly as around here the car is quite likely to go missing as you are getting out of the drivers seat LoL.
Incidentally is there supposed to be a seperate key for the doors as the ignition one didnt lock the doors last night !!???
The fusebox in the V70 is in the top left corner of the engine bay, and there is another box atttached to the suspension strut in the top right corner of the engine bay. It might be as simple ass the fuse has gone.

Have you tried the key in the boot lock? It might be that the drivers door has been replaced or the ignition barrel has been replaced.

zoidberg
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 12:39
Right.......... checked all fuses and no problem found !
So I changed the fob battery for a cheap chinese thing I've had for ages and it worked. :smile: All of 3 times then refused to work....... again.:jaw:
So off I went shopping to buy a decent new battery for it.Got back and replaced it, locked the car first go :remybussi then refused to unlock it ! :buttkick:
When ignition is turned to position 2, I can hear a rapid 'ticking' coming from under the dash down by the steering column and sometimes you can hear the central locking trying to work slowly !!
So now at a loss over wether it is a dodgy fob or in the reciever bit. The car has what looks like a new battery and fires up the car without a problem so it isn't flat.
Any ideas where I should now look as I dont want to spend money on things that I might not need. Cheers Steve.

zoidberg
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 13:03
:smileypul :wiggle: :flying: Whoooo hooo......... solved it (I hope ) .
Stripped it into little bits and rebuilt with a folded bit of paper behind the battery,cellotaped it all back and it currently appears to be working well, even from up in my first floor flat it locks and unlocks it.:P Also tried the suggestion of trying the key in the rear door..... and that opens/closes it,so at least I know I can get in if needs must in the future.
So, where can I get a new fob from and cdo they have to be 'programmed' to the car/ecu ???
By the way, loving the site I've learnt more in the past few days than I thought I would. Still can't figure out what makes a T5 a T5 though (engine wise ) !!

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 14:40
:smileypul :wiggle: :flying: Whoooo hooo......... solved it (I hope )
Stripped it into little bits and rebuilt with a folded bit of paper behind the battery,cellotaped it all back and it currently appears to be working well, even from up in my first floor flat it locks and unlocks it.:P Also tried the suggestion of trying the key in the rear door..... and that opens/closes it,so at least I know I can get in if needs must in the future.
So, where can I get a new fob from and cdo they have to be 'programmed' to the car/ecu ???
By the way, loving the site I've learnt more in the past few days than I thought I would. Still can't figure out what makes a T5 a T5 though (engine wise ) !!
Nice one buddy! I love a bit of DIY repair

Clicking from under the dash is usually the seat belt warning when the ignition is on.

You can get new fobs from your local Volvo dealer. There is also a guy on here, Rufe, who works in a Volvo parts department and offers forum members a discount on genuine parts. Only problem is they have to be programmed by the dealer.

A T5 has a 2.3 litre engine with a high pressure turbo (or HPT) fitted. Ours have the 2.5 litre engine with a slightly smaller turbo (light pressure turbo or LPT). The ecu limits the boost pressure on ours to 6psi whereas the T5 boosts to around 9-10psi depending on what year and model. The LPT is diseigned to give more grunt lower down the rev range with a smaller turbo that spools quicker

zoidberg
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 15:10
So would an ECU from a T5 work on it then ??

t5_monkey
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 16:45
no you need a remap or custom map.

personally, get it remapped and if you aint happy with that sell it and get a T5 as you'll just end spending £££ and STILL wanting a T5!