PDA

View Full Version : 855 springs on a 854

theflyingbrick
Monday 16th January 2012, 19:40
would a set of lowering springs from an 850 estate fit the saloon version of the same?? thanks in advance

p fandango
Monday 16th January 2012, 19:42
would a set of lowering springs from an 850 estate fit the saloon version of the same?? thanks in advance
i've seen it done the other way round so can't see why not. Think the rear will possibly sit a bit higher tho

dalhousie2008
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:02
Brick I pick up a set of 855 -40mm tomorrow (full suspension with shocks) hoping its a straight fit, been told by volvolised it's a straight fit

Tomcat
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:17
If they're aftermarket then you wont have a problem, if they're Volvo ones (i.e. T5-R or 850R) then you may as the springs are softer for the rear of the estates than for the saloon (as Pedro already stated).

theflyingbrick
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:16
cheers guys,theyre eibach -30mm lowering springs so aftermarket not volvo oem i was offered recently a set of -20mm springs (cough cough p fandango ) but i might be able to get these on the cheap so keeping my options open ;)

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:21
As said they should fit fine although I have heard you may have a slight height difference between front and rear, but you won't know for sure until you fit them.

theflyingbrick
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:25
thats what worrys me i dont want to mess about with all that,and the car doesnt sit right!! the stance of a car is quite important to me

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:28
thats what worrys me i dont want to mess about with all that,and the car doesnt sit right!! the stance of a car is quite important to me

When I lowered mine I felt the same as you, the original set up had sagged a bit at the front and when I removed the shocks you could easily compress them by hand. I fitted the uprated springs and the back dropped a fair amount over what I was used to but the front actually raised ever so slightly. However as a result I have a car that on a level ground looks level and am a lot happier with it as a result. If it's any consolation the kit I have on mine wasn't new and was originally fitted to an 855 ;)

theflyingbrick
Monday 16th January 2012, 22:33
i think mines sagged at the front aswell as it seems like its jacked up at the back like an old skool hot rod lol,ive seen yours it sat pretty well so if thats the result from using 855 parts then ill have no problem with doing the same,thats unless mr fandango doesnt pull his finger out and sort the springs for me before hand!! ;)