PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the 2006+ C70 T5

SteveRuss
Monday 16th January 2012, 19:35
As some of you know I moved from a 1999 Volvo C70, T5 a few months ago and went to Audi again (for a bit...).

I questioned buying a 2006/7/8 C70 T5, with the hard top convertible for a short while, but bought my A4. I'm not sure why I didn't think about the newer C70 more. Maybe it's just that you don't see many of them on the road and wonder about support for future parts and servicing.

Nice car though.. But is there something wrong with it?? Opinions appreciated..

Vikingxl
Monday 16th January 2012, 19:38
Talk to storm troll

volvokid
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:21
Theres nothing wrong with them i had the T5 version with every option available at the time cant believe im about to say this but the D5 would be the better buy, the T5 didn't have the bang feeling of the old one its so refined and quite you probably wont use the power that much. So save pennys on fuel and go for the sensible one wish i did.

SteveRuss
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 20:09
They do look very refined i'd have to agree.. Nice looking cars though.. I've always liked the C70 shape.

Don't know much about the D5.. Will check it out...

t5_monkey
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 21:34
It's no sports car... but will be a refined and comfy GT.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 11:15
Buy the T5 version & bolt all the Focus RS parts onto it & turn in into a hooligan!

SteveRuss
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 11:17
Buy the T5 version & bolt all the Focus RS parts onto it & turn in into a hooligan!

:crazy:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 11:22
Heico also do a sweet rear diffuser & double exhaust

http://www.heicosportiv.de/nextshopcms/cmsimage.asp?fkt=3&id=4435

T5RPete
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 12:16
Heico also do a sweet rear diffuser & double exhaust

http://www.heicosportiv.de/nextshopcms/cmsimage.asp?fkt=3&id=4435

Rear diffuser looks like a Clio RS200

Pliskin
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 21:00
As has already been said ST's new purchase thread probably covers most things.

I had the the 06 model and is was more of a grand tourer than anything else, but great fun at the same time.

Apart from the roof control unit and the brake control unit throwing their hand in at just short of £800, it was a lovely car.

I don't know if it was a sad indictment of the state of the roads around my neck of the woods or the paint quality/car design, but the bonnet and front part of the roof appeared to have taken more than it's fair share of stonechips.

volvokid
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 21:22
I don't know if it was a sad indictment of the state of the roads around my neck of the woods or the paint quality/car design, but the bonnet and front part of the roof appeared to have taken more than it's fair share of stonechips.

I have read about the newer Volvo's being bad for that cant say my C70 was bad for it though

SteveRuss
Friday 20th January 2012, 11:24

I've noticed the same on my 05 plate Audi A4 actually.. More so than my old C70 T5

lance
Friday 20th January 2012, 13:01
Well I dont have a C70 but I do have a V50 T5 (same platform engine) with an autotech map and 132k on the clock. I have had it 11 months and put 15k on her. I like the low down power delivery, 6 speed gear box, handling/ steering/ braking and soundsystem. Mines running 248 BHP and 420 NM but with more to come shortly as a back road blaster say upto 100 mph aprox its as quick as any other T5 with finer handling. Economy isnt too bad for a 2.5 petrol turbo with 40 plus mpg possible on a run with a little restraint I managed this the other week on a 40 mile journey with one brief approach to near 100 MPH, although shorter urban journeys in winter have seen typical T5 low mids 20s!

The only thing I dont like is there is no foot rest next to the clutch pedal like on the 70 series and no room for one this isnt a big deal for me in my everyday to day motoring but if I was on the motorways for extended periods regularly it could be marginally irritating to say the least. Also if you have size 11s like me and are wearing big shoes its easy to hit the accelerator and the brake at the same time if you have to do a sudden stop apart from slight lack of storage space in the cabin these are minor irritants and all the positive out weigh the negatives. I love my Tuned Volvo Sanitory Towell! Every £££££ should have one:)