PDA

View Full Version : Started the headliner

Toad740
Monday 16th January 2012, 19:03
Started the headliner on the ol' Matilda, needless to say that true to my style. I'm better at destroying things, haha :D

Not that I'm happy about it but I've got it out and cleaned all the old manky liner off... All over the living room mind. The bad bit is I managed to snap off both front trims at the front pillars and one on the rear. Got home from a day out and whilst still sat in the car got the wing mirror hit by another Volvo driver, no damage to either car apart from a black mark on his silver mirror, but he seemed a decent chap anyhow.

Will post pics of the process in this thread at progressions...

AndysR
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 00:05
Be interesting to watch your progress with this... the 740/60's really do suffer with the saggy headlining..

Toad740
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 13:59
A few pics of Before when it was in the Car, sagging worse then a female Pensioners Boulders, And then one when I got it laid out (all over the parent's floor :D) to see the true amount of Holes etc.

Toad740
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 16:18
Here's where I like to say I'm proud to be Different. May not be some peoples choice of ending colour for the car, wasn't mine at first but I'm glad it's done and it looks really different to the old Manky Grey/cream/whatevercolouritwas. Giving a few stark contrasts with the rest of the car.

The First time I've ever been this Adventurous in a remodel or re-furb etc, I did a pretty good job if I must say so myself.... comment's are welcome, hope you like :)

AndysR
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 23:39
Looks very good, you could always keep an eye out for dark coloured visors etc from a later car with dark interior if the colour contrast bothered you at all..

Jim S70R
Tuesday 17th January 2012, 23:49
Nice job, looks very good. To be fair if I was doing that job I would of gone for a darker colour too.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 01:27
Black looks even better,nice job mate.