PDA

View Full Version : s60 top mount

cragmaz
Monday 16th January 2012, 10:57
Hi all, just a quick one,

noticed my top mount was all split while under the bonnet, are these hard to replace?
or poss. thinking of a poly one, can anyone advise where to get them from, and fitting please.
thanks in advance , oh its a 2.0t by the way.

craig

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th January 2012, 11:46
you'll be wanting the uprated Volvo item - whch cannot split.

p fandango
Monday 16th January 2012, 12:20
noticed my top mount was all split while under the bonnet, are these hard to replace?
or poss. thinking of a poly one, can anyone advise where to get them from, and fitting please.
Powerflex do them, but i fitted one to my P2 D5 & it was unbearble. Went & bought a Volvo the next day because the dash was vibrating that much, might of been because of the diesel lump but i'd still to a Volvo one. You'll need to replace the metal bracket as well because they've now gone to a square bush

cragmaz
Monday 16th January 2012, 17:00
you'll be wanting the uprated volvo item - whch cannot split.

i presume from volvo then??

cragmaz
Monday 16th January 2012, 17:00
powerflex do them, but i fitted one to my p2 d5 & it was unbearble. Went & bought a volvo the next day because the dash was vibrating that much, might of been because of the diesel lump but i'd still to a volvo one. You'll need to replace the metal bracket as well because they've now gone to a square bush

thats not good, as i have just ordered one, oh s**t

STEVO RRR
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:13
Hi all, just a quick one,

craig

Not sure about a 2.0T but I changed the top mount on my R and it was a piece of piss.10 minutes and job was done.
Steve

p fandango
Monday 16th January 2012, 20:28
thats not good, as i have just ordered one, oh s**t
hopefully its just because it was on a diesel

LeeT5
Friday 27th January 2012, 01:23
As Steve says they are very easy to fit. You don't even have to remove the wheels.

As for fitting Poly top mounts....that was brave! I would have said it was harsh to say the least, still, nothing ventured and all that. The parts that must be replaced to ensure correct self centering of the steering and no knocking from the front shocks are: Front support plate (bit with the bearing) and the Spring seat (rubber bit).
The difference these parts make when fitted can only be believed when driving the car. Its awesome!!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 27th January 2012, 01:49
Yes it is

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=6545