PDA

View Full Version : lambda light came on

endo-t5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 17:55
I parked up for an hour or so and then when i came back out and started the car the lambda light stayed on and has been on everytime I have drove it. I disconected the battery for a few hours but that didn't work but can't understand why it came on as it was only 0 degrees but never happened before.
any ideas as I do have another ecu so could plug that in or just make a flash code reader as it's a 96 with obd under coin tray and try to find if any codes have come up. I have a spare ecu, maf, bcs so could try them if needed and have replaced all the vacuum lines a while back and checked them and they all seems to be on and car runs and drives fine so don't think it's a boost pipe or vacuum pipe gone as still makes 14psi on mbc.
any ideas would be much appreciated.

T4Rick
Sunday 15th January 2012, 17:58
Read the codes with a home made code reader,find the code and erase it lol.I do it and it works wonders.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46943

endo-t5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 18:10
yer thats my plans to make a flash reader tomorrow but just wondering why it did it. I think it's possessed,

Kingsford G
Sunday 15th January 2012, 18:16
yer thats my plans to make a flash reader tomorrow but just wondering why it did it. I think it's possessed,

With cars u can never tell mate.C if any vacuum pipes split or come off aswell.

endo-t5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 18:22
checked all pipes and all seem fine and are new a while back. I know cars are a right pain sometimes. I now know why I gave up working in Garages.

endo-t5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 18:24
if pipes had come off i would hear it and it wouldn't run as well as it does. I think the O2 sensor has failed as think it was on way out as emissions was borderline when mot'd last year.
Think I'll start playing with the bikes again so simple to do

shrekblackR
Sunday 15th January 2012, 19:09
gremlins mate lol hope you fined it buddy

merc85
Sunday 15th January 2012, 20:04
Could be the Pcv, Perhaps the extra condensation as it's cooler now is starting to clogg stuff up.

stevie69
Sunday 15th January 2012, 20:47
dont say that.mine came on today to...

endo-t5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 21:08
done pcv last year though so hopefully not that.