PDA

View Full Version : Best (Cheapest) place to buy Silicon hoses

bradders
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 10:26
Hi All

Can anyone point in the right direction for the best place to get a Silicon hose set for a 94 850 T5 ?
Dependent on price i will probably just go for the Turbo set, but will get the coolant too later on.

Cheers

Rgds Brad

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 10:35
if you've got an early 94 like i have with the reverse flow intercooler i don't think anyone does a turbo kit for them mate, as far as i know the Samco coolant kit will still fit

bradders
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 10:50
if you've got an early 94 like i have with the reverse flow intercooler i don't think anyone does a turbo kit for them mate, as far as i know the Samco coolant kit will still fit

How will i tell if i have a reverse flow intercooler then?

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 10:59
How will i tell if i have a reverse flow intercooler then?
http://81.6.222.21/covcrew/volvo-850-t5/archive/archive12.jpg
the reverse flow has the turbo pipe going straight over the top of the engine (big chrome pipe just to the right of the oil filler in the pic) but the new system goes around the engine

bradders
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 11:04
Cheers mate. Will check in my lunch hour.

Nice looking engine bay by the way..

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 13:49
Nice looking engine bay by the way..
thanks, its alot worse than that now tho (pic was a few years ago lol)

bradders
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 14:07
Well i have checked and you are right...i do have the reverse flow type...

Only difference is my crossover pipe isnt as shiny as yours :)

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 14:14
well the bad news is that as i've already said you can't get the silicone turbo hoses, but the good news is you've got the better pipework (& very rare set-up) :)

lol my crossover pipe originally was painted black but i attacked it with the sandpaper & polished it up (i was bored at the time lol)