PDA

View Full Version : Does this car belong to a forum member?

Jamie
Monday 22nd August 2005, 22:27
Have these pics have been posted before?

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/photos2/nikonrocksv701.jpg
http://www.barryboys.co.uk/photos2/nikonrocksv703.jpg

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17065&start=0 (Linky)

Any thoughts? Personally I prefer my mods to be a little more subtle but different strokes.....

fraz13
Monday 22nd August 2005, 22:34
Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear........

GuyD5
Monday 22nd August 2005, 22:43
Possibly the worst 'improvement' is the fuel filler cap :(

t5owner
Monday 22nd August 2005, 23:18
:jaw: That looks absolute :pants:

Fancy puttin a bonnet scoop and air vents on :slap:

The only good things are the wheels and the colour

I thought the idea of a T5 was to be stealthy even bin laden`s gonna see that comin from the other side of the world :uglyhamme

Nough said

stuart

splatt
Monday 22nd August 2005, 23:27
The owner of this needs to be shot.
nuff said.

Redbrick
Monday 22nd August 2005, 23:31
The sticker on the front valance says it all :saythat:

t5owner
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 01:56
:jaw: What the heck is that thing strapped to the front bumper looks like a single giant spot light but can`t be sure from the angle

IIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stuart :bog:

DONKEYT5
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 04:38
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!
THE CHAVS ARE COMING!!!! HIDE UR VOLVOS AND RUN FOR UR LIVES!!!!! :haha:

V70Man
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 07:07
When I first saw the rear of the car I was thinking "Looks pretty good, a bit overstated for my taste but each to their own". Then you move round to the side and see the filler cap :slap: , and suddenly it begins to look like a 17 year old's Nova. Then the front!!! A Mclaren F1 looks more subtle.

Al115
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 07:24
And what's with those wind deflectors for the loadspace windows????

audimadmike
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 07:53
Looks like a Dad is trying to keep up with his 17 year old son!

Great exhausts, colour, tints and the original car, shame about the 7" PS2 screen fitted by the fuel filler though.

Mike

Jamie
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 09:53
Ah good, I can stop trying to be polite now, it looks absolutely ££££££££££ terrible and the owner should be given a good slapping. Presumably he thinks it's the dogs ££££££££ - sadly everyone else just think he looks like a ££££.

01c70t5
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 10:14
Is that a disabled badge on the dash?

Might explain a few things...

fraz13
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 11:02
Is that a disabled badge on the dash?

Might explain a few things...

Am physically disabled and own a badge but thats no an excuse to destroy a car :troutslap

On the other hand they may be mentally disabled in which case would explain alot peepo (damn a fall under that catagory to :cuckoo: :rolling_e :hilarious )

audimadmike
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 11:42
I think if he's disabled it must be blindness!
mike :haha:

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 12:48
The sticker on the front valance says it all :saythat:

ROTFLMSO

x

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 12:50
I'm loving this guys work!! Look at all the time, money and effort he has put into making this car individual..........................

YEAH RIGHT!! Its a snotter!!! Send it to the scrap heap in the sky....

x

madness
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 13:03
yuk !

Somerset Jim
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 15:16
A quick data search on this muppet's number plate shows no previous owners. So what on earth has happened to his brain since he shelled out 30 grand for it new?

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 15:53
According to someone who knows the owner on BB he's about 70 so should know better....If that was my dad/grandad I'd be sooooooooo embarrassed

x

philt6
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 16:08
what a mess

t51995
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 16:12
Did you see that in Colchester Jamie?

lance
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 16:56
Have these pics have been posted before?

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/photos2/nikonrocksv701.jpg
http://www.barryboys.co.uk/photos2/nikonrocksv703.jpg

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17065&start=0 (Linky)

Any thoughts? Personally I prefer my mods to be a little more subtle but different strokes.....

I Think it needs renaming as a Volvo V70 CHAVSPAC carrier if he left it at the exhausts and bumper guard and alloys even front splitter without stickers of course it would look ok . For me the worst parts are the window things and stupid stickers and bonnet vents.
I can imagine Jimmy Savile driving a Volvo like this.

Green T5R
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 18:13
Each to thier own

Jamie
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 18:47
Did you see that in Colchester Jamie?

I didn't see it in the flesh thank f**k - the barry boys website takes the credit (link in my original post for the whole story). It is however a local car as the disabled badge was issued by Cambridgeshire and apparently the geezer has a holiday home in Norfolk.

t5owner
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 19:30
i`m sure i`ve seen this car in the gallery section on kalmar unions website

NO NEEEEEEEEED :pants:

Stuart

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 19:53
Like : wheels/rear stickers/front splitters(although wrong type)/tinted windows/scoop..
Don't like : oval bonnet vents(unless it's on a ford)/wind deflectors/ stuck on filler cap..

I am currently looking into the possibility of mounting a scoop inline with the front of the bonnet which would be about the same size. Once moulded in it should look almost invisible. Advantage is I can make a direct cold Air intake..
...and you lot'll go.... :wtf: ....bow to the king of chavs..he has arrived

I'm only looking though before my membership suddenly expires... :haha: :riceboy: :haha:

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 20:08
I am currently looking into the possibility of mounting a scoop inline with the front of the bonnet which would be about the same size. Once moulded in it should look almost invisible. Advantage is I can make a direct cold Air intake..
Judge why don't you just remove the seal on the plastic scuttle panel to vent the air from under the bonnet? all the hot air escapes over the windscreen & you won't need to cut the bonnet up then

http://81.6.222.21/covcrew/volvo-850-t5/archive/archive47.JPG

Rufe
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 20:48
if hes 70 maybe he is 90% blind or something... that may explain a few things??

look at the 'police' aerial on the roof, lmao

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 21:15
look at the 'police' aerial on the roof, lmao
mines got a similiar aerial, its for the phone handsfree kit

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 23rd August 2005, 23:18
Judge why don't you just remove the seal on the plastic scuttle panel to vent the air from under the bonnet? all the hot air escapes over the windscreen & you won't need to cut the bonnet up then

http://81.6.222.21/covcrew/volvo-850-t5/archive/archive47.JPG

Cos I want Air in, not Air out....although Air out maybe good too....thanks

Rufe
Thursday 25th August 2005, 18:46
mines got a similiar aerial, its for the phone handsfree kit
lol, that doesnt take away from the fact that this fella is trying to give it a more 'police' look i think!

p fandango
Thursday 25th August 2005, 18:55
lol, that doesnt take away from the fact that this fella is trying to give it a more 'police' look i think!
i don't think he'll get away with 'the police' look some how with all the plastic he's stuck on it (you never know, perhaps he's got a handsfree kit fitted & needs the aerial)

Tony Don
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:50
Glad all you guys like Sheringham its a lovely place

Tony Don
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:52
Thanks Splatt

Tony Don
Friday 6th January 2006, 13:36
Hi Alastair
how you getting on with your Pegasus's

Tony Don
Friday 6th January 2006, 13:43
Well at least you liked something

fraz13
Friday 6th January 2006, 13:45
Whats with all the random posts?? A take it its your car then?

Tony Don
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:09
Yes Thanks , I will speak to you if you have any sensible comments to make
Tony

MacXC60T5
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:33
REMOVED, NO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE!

Edited by justin

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:43
What is the single light on the front?

MacXC60T5
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:49
Thanks for removing my post I could not have said it better all it needs it what you have posted
Thanks LOL

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:50
Aw, c'mon folks. Everyone has personal preferences. OK, so not all the mods are to my taste either but some are quite decent.

Although a different subject and not abusive per se, this thread is similar in mentality to the one on the Autotrader forum re Dave's accident. Yes, the Autotrader one is much, much worse in terms of abuse but both threads have the potential to cause personal offence to an individual.

Regards

Andy

MacXC60T5
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:56
What is the single light on the front?
r u taking the p--s LOL

MacXC60T5
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:00
Aw, c'mon folks. Everyone has personal preferences. OK, so not all the mods are to my taste either but some are quite decent.

Although a different subject and not abusive per se, this thread is similar in mentality to the one on the Autotrader forum re Dave's accident. Yes, the Autotrader one is much, much worse in terms of abuse but both threads have the potential to cause personal offence to an individual.

Regards

Andy

Sorry but I would cause personal offence to anyone who would do that to a T5 or is it, I doubt it thats why its on the BB forum. Love to see the reaction if it was taken to a members day. LOL

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:06
It's definately an R AWD (Auto) if the DVLA records are to be trusted.

Tony Don
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:30

Regards

Andy
Hi mraldonnelly
Thankyou for your comments at last decent remarks

fraz13
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:40
Yes Thanks , I will speak to you if you have any sensible comments to make
Ok so someones got an attitude.......

The car is deffo not my taste but obviously is yours, A like a car to be individual to the owner but theres a fine line and in my opinion you crossed it and your half way round the block

Sorry if you have been offended

Justin
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:46
Thread locked