PDA

View Full Version : My New Car. Collecting her on Saturday. :-)

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:17
Just Brought my new Baby.a C70 T5 SPORT 2DR. thought would share some piccys...1 careful lady owner from new. full volvo service history and still another 2 years left on the 4 year Volvo Warranty...

Comes with Every possible extra you can think of and a milage of only 17,000. getting the train up north on Saturday to Collect her. Loving the colour too. Just got to think of a name for her now lol.!!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/C70%20T5%20Sport/6.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/C70%20T5%20Sport/5.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/C70%20T5%20Sport/4.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/C70%20T5%20Sport/3.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/C70%20T5%20Sport/1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/C70%20T5%20Sport/2.jpg

Metallic Blue. SATELITTE NAVIGATION, HEATED SEATS, REAR PDC, BLUTOOTH, FULL VOLVO HISTORY, LOW MILEAGE, EVERY EXTRA, IMMACULATE IN AND OUT ABS, Alloy wheels, Cruise control, Front armrest, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Traction control, Body coloured bumpers, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Heated door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Rear electric windows, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Trip computer, Audio remote control, Service indicator, Alarm, Drivers airbag, Front head restraints, PAS, Remote central locking, Isofix child seat anchor points, Cloth seat trim, Solid Paint, Steering wheel reach adjustment.

M-R-P
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:26
MMMM nice! (hope you didn't pay the price in the window lol) ;)

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:27
Very nice indeed mr Troll. No doubt in ten years time like your S60 it will be the most immaculate C70 around.

What happended to the S5 idea?

smithson007
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:29
Ummm very nice mate. Where you getting it from?

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:30
no Mr Peachy.. got at least 2 grand off that price lol.. and yes Mr Moose.. it will be much loved as long as I can get my 9 yr old son to stop pushing the Roof Retract button when we are on the motorway lol

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:31
Ummm very nice mate. Where you getting it from?

up north mate. not as far up as you tho lol.. all Deposit paid etc so just collecting her Saturday..

smithson007
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:34
up north mate. not as far up as you tho lol.. all Deposit paid etc so just collecting her Saturday..

Yes not many folk want to trek this far north. Lol. Looks a nice motor though. Looks even better with the roof down. Any plans for it as yet?

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 01:38
well im not gonna go for the noisey exhaust this time as with the roof down dont want my son complaining of a headache. lol. but it has twin exhausts so will just get her remaped but probably not until after the Warranty has expired so I dont void it. dont really want to do too much to it as it looks nice as it is.. maybe Bigger 18 inch wheels and a subtle window tint but not over the top. just keep it looking nice and Classy looking but a little tinkering under the hood is a must of course :)

Al115
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 09:12
Nice... you must be like a little kid waiting for Christmas now!!!

t5 pete
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 09:48
There lovley cars my mother has the same one and in the same colour lol

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 10:05
1 careful lady owner from new.

You sound like some dodgy car dealer, one lady owner from new gov, only used it to go to church on Sundays :)

There lovley cars my mother has the same one and in the same colour lol

It's not you Mum's is it?

If I could get rolls of fabric in the back I'd love one, but it's just not long enough. Mind you Mrs PA could have it as a second car, now all we need is to sell more stuff and we might just make enough money to do it :)

It's a beautiful car <drool>

t5 pete
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 10:23
It's not you Mum's is it?

If I could get rolls of fabric in the back I'd love one, but it's just not long enough. Mind you Mrs PA could have it as a second car, now all we need is to sell more stuff and we might just make enough money to do it :)

It's a beautiful car <drool>

LOL best not be im planning on using it when the weather is nicer

Justin
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 10:53
Very nice ST!!

See, who says that crime doesn't pay :)

s_cowen
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 11:11
Very nice!:smile:

Vikingxl
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 11:19
Very camp!

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 11:20
Very nice ST!!

See, who says that crime doesn't pay :)

Couldn't agree more Justin. That dodgy laptop will be on its way to you soon. ;) lol

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 11:21
Very camp!

Just right for Oliver dont ya think lol.!!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 11:50
I think it is lurvley - lovng the wheels & gadgets. I think give it a year & a full RS conversion. Heico do a lovely rear diffuser on them.

I take it the bank robbery paid out then?

10 grand for a 09 plate is a good price.

Jaseb77
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 12:25
Very nice.

I fancy a D5 one next and keep the S80 too.

thats my plan

T5frankie
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 12:45
I think it is lurvley - lovng the wheels & gadgets. I think give it a year & a full RS conversion. Heico do a lovely rear diffuser on them.

I take it the bank robbery paid out then?

10 grand for a 09 plate is a good price.

£13999-£2000=£11999 dave not 10 grand

Vikingxl
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 12:46
Wobbly maths!

rikcougar
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 12:54
Very nice, one of the few cars around that look better than the previous version (I have the previous version, not that I`m jealous) :cool:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 13:39
Wobbly maths!
Sorry I mixed up the 4 yrs old with the 2 grand off. DOH!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 13:41
...it will be much loved as long as I can get my 9 yr old son to stop pushing the Roof Retract button when we are on the motorway lol
Doesn't work. You have to have your foot on the brake to operate the button. I believe IPD/PFV do a remote retraction button though.

volvokid
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 16:59
Doesn't work. You have to have your foot on the brake to operate the button. I believe IPD/PFV do a remote retraction button though.

Yeah dont think it was expensive either

volvokid
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 17:00
Very nice ST i like that colour alot too. It looks like i see a dynaudio badge too :^)

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 17:14
Very nice ST i like that colour alot too. It looks like i see a dynaudio badge too :^)

Yes mate. It has the full Dynosound 12 speaker audio system although I cannot say that I know what that is lol. And I will have to look into the remote for the roof so I can open and close everything on the remote when locking the car. It has auto lights whatever those are too. All new to me I'm afraid. I'm a virgin with this car.!!!

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 17:16

I have seen one dropping the hood while on The move before. I was led to believe u can raise and lower it under 30mph? I could be wrong tho.!!

volvokid
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 17:37
Yes mate. It has the full Dynosound 12 speaker audio system although I cannot say that I know what that is lol. And I will have to look into the remote for the roof so I can open and close everything on the remote when locking the car. It has auto lights whatever those are too. All new to me I'm afraid. I'm a virgin with this car.!!!

Has it keyless drive? The speakers are amazing it has 2 subs in the boot

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 17:51
Has it keyless drive? The speakers are amazing it has 2 subs in the boot

Don't know mate. I will do a full write up at the weekend with piccys.

GregE102
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 19:14
Hello ST

Nice looking car! When i saw the title i was wondering if it was going to be another Jaaaaaaaaaaagg LOL

Cheers Greg

Kingsford G
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 19:38
well im not gonna go for the noisey exhaust this time as with the roof down dont want my son complaining of a headache. lol. but it has twin exhausts so will just get her remaped but probably not until after the Warranty has expired so I dont void it. dont really want to do too much to it as it looks nice as it is.. maybe Bigger 18 inch wheels and a subtle window tint but not over the top. just keep it looking nice and Classy looking but a little tinkering under the hood is a must of course :)

Remap at volvos u still have the warranty valid `cos they offer it as an optional extra as long as its done by them(can`t remember who they use to get it done `cos volvo don`t do it themselfs but approved by volvo).

Okete
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 19:57
Nice Car!
Saw this on eBay - have it on my 'watch' list, in fact it's still on there!!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 20:06
Looks great :) nom nom nom

AndysR
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 20:12
Welcome back to the Volvo fraternity ST, looks very nice indeed :)

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 22:26
Welcome back to the Volvo fraternity ST, looks very nice indeed :)

Cheers Chap.. I never left. I was lurking in the background lol.

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 22:27
Nice Car!
Saw this on eBay - have it on my 'watch' list, in fact it's still on there!!

cool.. I didnt see it on there.. He must have forgot to take the advert down as already paid deposit.. wish bloody saturday would arrive tho lol.. big kid waitin for late christmas lol.!!!!

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 22:31
my thanks button has vanished or id thank you all lol.!!!

Al115
Thursday 12th January 2012, 09:02
Cheers Chap.. I never left. I was lurking in the background lol.

He did think about it though :D We might leave, but we all come back eventually.

Or in my case, in five months.

Storm-Troll
Thursday 12th January 2012, 09:12
He did think about it though :D We might leave, but we all come back eventually.

Or in my case, in five months.

It's the forum California. Once you arrive you can Never leave :)

Vikingxl
Thursday 12th January 2012, 09:14
Quick mods Storm Trolls account has been hacked it cant be him posting he doesnt function before 1pm

lance
Thursday 12th January 2012, 11:12
Very nice ST, From another Volvo Sanitory Towel driver I wish mine was barely run in to its over 130k now so should give you many years of happy motoring

Storm-Troll
Thursday 12th January 2012, 11:24
Quick mods Storm Trolls account has been hacked it cant be him posting he doesnt function before 1pm

Lol. It's all lies. I am timeless :)

Pliskin
Friday 13th January 2012, 01:14
Nice motor ST, we had a similar one until fairly recently. Watch the roof mechanism, the operation of ours began to get slower and slower, until it finally threw it's hand in, presenting us with a bill for £450 for a control module.
Then the brake control module went at a similar cost.

Thankfully both done under manufacturers warranty.

I don't know how true it is but one of the mechanics, who had done the "roof course" said whereever possible try to operate the roof whilst on level ground because it's such a heavy peice of kit, operating it on a incline stressses the components.

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 01:31
Nice motor ST, we had a similar one until fairly recently. Watch the roof mechanism, the operation of ours began to get slower and slower, until it finally threw it's hand in, presenting us with a bill for £450 for a control module.
Then the brake control module went at a similar cost.

Thankfully both done under manufacturers warranty.

I don't know how true it is but one of the mechanics, who had done the "roof course" said whereever possible try to operate the roof whilst on level ground because it's such a heavy peice of kit, operating it on a incline stressses the components.

Cheers mate. I will make sure to do that.. I picked her up this morning. I cannot believe the amount of gadgets it has in it and the Pro Logic surround sound system is amazing. never heard anything like it.. 12 speakers in teh car and two subs in the boot as standard.. even the BLIS system is well handy for those pesky blind spots..

Al115
Friday 13th January 2012, 08:51
Nice job.

I give it a month until BLIS starts to get /really/ annoying :)

M-R-P
Friday 13th January 2012, 09:12
Oooh, you collected it already? Proper pics please ;) (when you finished pressing all the buttons and worked out how to undo what you just did etc lol)

Vikingxl
Friday 13th January 2012, 09:21
Saw the new car last night and its very nice

volvokid
Friday 13th January 2012, 09:52
I was going to say get a wind deflector if you havnt got one, they make all the difference with the roof down. How do you like the new spongy T5 engine???

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 12:10
I was going to say get a wind deflector if you havnt got one, they make all the difference with the roof down. How do you like the new spongy T5 engine???

got one mate. its in a volvo zipped bad along with a new set of floor matts.. I just have to work out how to fit the deflector lol. hell even the spare wheel is in a zipped up bag.. pmsl.!!!

spencem875
Friday 13th January 2012, 12:26
Very camp!

Agree, Camp Freddie!

P.S. mini meet? :P

volvokid
Friday 13th January 2012, 12:44
got one mate. its in a volvo zipped bad along with a new set of floor matts.. I just have to work out how to fit the deflector lol. hell even the spare wheel is in a zipped up bag.. pmsl.!!!

The boot floor is a bit crap with the wheel, volvo sell a part you can fit over it. Fitting is easy its just unfolding and folding its the head scratcher, there is 2 holes behind each front seat it pops into, an then there's 2 bits that slide under the rear headrests

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 12:57
ahhh cheers I will investigate that.. And yes spence mini meet sounds good soon.. I have just brought a Private Plate for her so once the paperwork arrives I can get the New Plate on... Im now the Proud owner of Private Plate "T5 VPC" :) lol

foammanmark
Friday 13th January 2012, 18:54
That a real beauty and you're going to turn some heads! Are the wheels the Ortreras which I have in graphite on my V70? Hope the motor goes well for you.

volvokid
Friday 13th January 2012, 19:42
They look like my old ones they were 18" menzerna

foammanmark
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:07
They look like my old ones they were 18" menzerna

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11810&d=1321182983

These are mine which I've referred to as 'graphites' since gettting them. I've been told they're Ortreras. Are they similar to the Menzerna's that you had?

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:27
not sure the name of the wheels and yes. heads are turning everywhere. u would have thought ppl would have seen a convertible before lol

foammanmark
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:36
Nice but cold weather this weekend. Roof down or up?

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:44
Nice but cold weather this weekend. Roof down or up?

Roofs been down all day. popped over to the vikings. into town up n down the motorway etc.. stopped at a garage and an old convertible bmw stopped next to me. driver jumped out. some 18 year old gimp. turned to me and said your brave having the roof down in this weather. so I quipped back. "thats why I drive a Volvo and you drive a Bmw. then laughed. then he rapidly vanished into the garage lol.! :)

foammanmark
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:49
Fantastic! Taking advantage of the drop top in Jan. Shades as well? I'm off to Morecambe tomoz, and I'll be taking a door off, but only to put another one on at Dazabs.

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:56
Fantastic! Taking advantage of the drop top in Jan. Shades as well? I'm off to Morecambe tomoz, and I'll be taking a door off, but only to put another one on at Dazabs.

yep.. its been a lovely clear blue sunny day here.. got my Mountain Climbing Jacket in the car.. like wearing a sleping bag with arms.. just amazing how many looks it gets.. probably thinkin look at that **** with the roof down in January pmsl. but who cares.. its just great to have everything around you so open.

volvokid
Friday 13th January 2012, 20:57
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11810&d=1321182983

These are mine which I've referred to as 'graphites' since gettting them. I've been told they're Ortreras. Are they similar to the Menzerna's that you had?

They look slightly different i think... look in my album under c70 u will c them

foammanmark
Friday 13th January 2012, 21:03
OK- you're making me want one! We have been considering a C70 for my wife but not the convertible model. I might have to re-think that one, and just work on killing the 'Alfa bug' that bit her some years ago.

We would have to go for a car several years older than yours, but they're still very smart cars going right back to the 97 ones that I've seen. Hope we have a good Summer for you!

Storm-Troll
Friday 13th January 2012, 21:07
OK- you're making me want one! We have been considering a C70 for my wife but not the convertible model. I might have to re-think that one, and just work on killing the 'Alfa bug' that bit her some years ago.

We would have to go for a car several years older than yours, but they're still very smart cars going right back to the 97 ones that I've seen. Hope we have a good Summer for you!

well recommend one. best one ive have. mine is the 09 new facelift model with the sport package

volvokid
Friday 13th January 2012, 21:15
St u need to get one of those boot lip spoilers like u bought for ur 60 :^)

JelT5
Friday 13th January 2012, 22:01
Nice one Connor :)

Just right for Oliver dont ya think lol.!!

Oliver would hate it, it's not a Bentley what ho ;)

martybelfastt5
Friday 13th January 2012, 22:22
very nice storm,, cracking plate too.will be watching

Vikingxl
Friday 13th January 2012, 22:45
Funnily enough the boot spoiler was discussed this afternoon

Storm-Troll
Saturday 14th January 2012, 02:15
Funnily enough the boot spoiler was discussed this afternoon

Indeedy.. and It will be added at some point. will have to see about getting one as this boot lid is more curved at the rim than the S60 was so might have trouble fitting the one I had before as the tension on the curve may rip off the tape that held the last one on.